No announcement yet.

Ok i'm lost about the hate of PBC yesterday i heard 2 complaints

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
    Don't really have anything against PBC, feel pretty happy about tuning in to watch fights on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. But, you just gotta call it like it is. Garcia-Malignaggi was a mismatch, given what had happened against Porter 16 months earlier. But, I kind of understand given that Danny was moving up from 140. Still a bad fight, though. Mora-Jacobs was just bad luck, but Jacobs sounded like an idiot saying "no rematch" and that he made him quit, really stupid.

Not the most intriguing fights, or exciting for that matter. They just gotta do a better job with the match-making. I can't complain about Garcia-Peterson, Thurman-Guerrero, Broner-Porter, a few others; but, most are showcase fights.
    This is why I don't have a problem with them yet, we are watching regular names in fights that we previously would not see, granted not every fight is going to be world class or turn out the way the promoters would have hoped, some fights look good on paper but ends in a round or two, so far not a year yet but they have put good names and card together. They are losing money because they are putting names together, Arum was doing Latin fury with unknown names on cards and I didn't hear a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      When did Haymon "refuse to work with other?"
      Right now! He won't work with arum golden boy or roc nation

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Right now! He won't work with arum golden boy or roc nation
        If am right isn't GBP and Arum suing him? He was willing to work with Duva to make Kovalev - Adonis, so your statement does not sound correct. So far I haven't seen any problem or unwillingness from his side to make a fight with anyone else, I have seen some other promoters NOT willing to work with him because of whatever reasons behind the scene but not from Haymon not willing to work with "anyone else" as you put it.

Comment

I forgot about the law suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
            I don't care how long a fight lasts as long as it has excitement and a decent ending. The Jacobs - Mora fight was poorly called a TKO when it should have been ruled a No Contest. The Garcia - Malignaggi fight was stopped prematurely. Paulie was not in any danger and if he or his corner felt that he had taken enough, they should have stopped it, not the referee. IF there was blood streaming down his face and he had totally stopped defending himself, fine, call the fight. But as it was there were two very poor decisions by the officials.

At the very least, the Mora decision should be overturned and made a NC as it should have been.
            Paulie, a guy who's at the end of his rope career wise, was in a position to where he mathematically couldn't win the bout. Paulie (as usual) had no shot of a KO which is what he would've needed to win and was taking significant punishment. I know it's cool to **** on whatever the outcome of any Garcia fight it's going to upset people because of the fact he beat two people (he was supposed to lose to) who had a strong contingency behind them in Mathysse and Khan. It's to the point to where even a decision like the Peterson one which wasn't all that controversial becomes an automatic loss on Garcia's record ..

IN OTHER WORDS... YOU MAD BRUH?

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
              Maybe you should get that huge race chip off your shoulder. It seems to be clouding your vision and you are confusing shit for Shinola.

Must be terrible to go through life never being able to accept your short comings and always blaming them on race instead.
              Straight up, I don't have time for people like you so you can straight f-off.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                Paulie, a guy who's at the end of his rope career wise, was in a position to where he mathematically couldn't win the bout. Paulie (as usual) had no shot of a KO which is what he would've needed to win and was taking significant punishment. I know it's cool to **** on whatever the outcome of any Garcia fight it's going to upset people because of the fact he beat two people (he was supposed to lose to) who had a strong contingency behind them in Mathysse and Khan. It's to the point to where even a decision like the Peterson one which wasn't all that controversial becomes an automatic loss on Garcia's record ..

IN OTHER WORDS... YOU MAD BRUH?
                In that case, the ref should have allowed the round to end, 38 seconds left, and talked to Paulie's corner and gotten them to stop the fight. The ref had no business stopping it himself at that time. These guys are getting paid millions of dollars for the risk they take in the ring. Let them earn the money and decide to continue or quit on their own terms.

Comment

Self pitying black people jerking each other off in this thread. PBC has potential but it also has lots of problems. Stop pulling the race card whenever someone wants to criticize it you sensitive baboons.

Comment

Working...
                  X