• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paulie >>> HBO TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
      Paulie >>> HBO TEAM
      Agree 100%.

I thought the HBO commentators had horrendous day yesterday.
      - Why would HBO buy a fight with 80,000 insane fans and then not bother to send their announcers to that incredible environment? Stupid decision.

- Lampley doesn't even call the fight anymore. No blow-by-blow...just Lampley having a conversation.

- Max and RJ arguing with each other is beyond tiresome.

- Overall it doesn't seem like the HBO announcers even enjoy the fights anymore.

- And the new guy Kugler spent 10 rounds mispronouncing Luis Del Valle's name. It was so bad even RJ starting using the wrong name too.

Comment

Believe it or not, not everyone shares the same opinion that's what makes us individuals props to Max for speaking what he thought just like most people should do.

Comment

Max is good...Lamps is a legendary broadcaster and Roy is an ATG fighter...should these guys always agree? Wouldn't that make it even worse? I like when they have a discussion or disagree about fighters,styles,etc....

Comment

Jones is the one who always has a thing to say back, like he always knows better, and always has to finish the points, when the dude cant put two sentences together without stuttering on big thoughts. Jones shouldn't be on the telecast not to mention that his voice is pretty annoying.

Comment

Roy is only good if a black fighter isn't fighting. He can't help but be bias. Max knows about boxing and Roy always makes the rest of the crew look like they don't know ****! Lol it's bound to be clashes of opinions all of the time.

Comment

I guess Max could've let that flat footed comment go. One more thing why wasn't the HBO crew there live at the Froch vs Groves fight. I really wanted to see an interview after the first with both fighters. Did anyone else see that snot on Roy Jones jr nose yesterday I couldn't believe Lamps and Max didn't tell him about it Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
                  Paulie >>> HBO TEAM

Wow who is that hot chick in that pic ?

Comment

Anything is better than George Foreman vs Lampley/Merchant. Watching that was truly uncomfortable, like being stranger at a tense thanksgiving dinner where you just know the whole family is going to explode on each other at any minute.

Bernstein, Tompkins, and Pauli would be my personal favorite team if I could pick.

Comment

Brought it back. Reading alot about commentary this sat. Think Ward did a great job as well

Comment

Working...
                      X