No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr at 160

No matter what people say this is one of the biggest fights that can be made in boxing just because of how big these 2 are in Mexico. I know Chavez Jr is struggling to make 160 or even 168 but lets just say he decides to train hard for Canelo. And also how long can Canelo possibly make 154? 160 is definitely in his future.

After seeing Chavez Jr step up against Martinez and Canelo step up against Mayweather. Who do you guys got in this middleweight matchup? Lets not get into an argument about how your not going to pay for it or how Chavez isn't going to make weight. Only question is who wins?

Canelo Alvarez
    40.74%
    Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
    59.26%

I'd certainly prefer to see this over Martinez-Chavez II

Comment

Canelo is more skilled than Chavez, but I'm curious to see how Canelo will handle an opponent bigger than him. Chavez and Canelo are both accustomed to fighting smaller guys

Comment

Canelo would have to pull a Mayweather to beat Chavez, IMO Chavez eats Canelo's shots for 6 rounds and Chavez walks Canelo down and stops him in 8.

Chavez is to big and looks to have a part of his fathers chin, and Canelo is too flat footed to pull a Mayweather.

Comment

My mind hasn't changed on this. Chavez is too big, too strong, and too active for Canelo. He'd KO Alvarez for sure.

Comment

I would side with Chavez with this one, I just don't think he can do to Chavez what Martinez did, Chavez is too big, strong, and has a good beard. So I would pick Chavez by KO.

Comment

If this fight happens...it prob go close to breaking the ppv record

Comment

I doubt Chavez can make 160 comfortably anymore and he surely won't be able to by the time Canelo moves up. But if Canelo moved up a year ago, I think Chavez would have been too strong for him.

Comment

Would love to see this fight go down next spring, but i think golden boy wants to build canelo back up with an easy win the spring then a mega fight in fall 14...
                  I thinkthese 2 have a bigger mexican following than JMM, and the other mexican greats.
                  Lved watching jcc jr build his way up to the martinez fight was always a crowd pleaser, then u had goldenboy building up canelo like he was the next great, so would be a firework fight, which i think chavez overpowers him

Comment

Canelo is obviously the more skilled of the two, but I think Chavez Jr. would eventually batter him after a war. I don't know how Canelo would neutralize his size and strength, the guy is use to fighting nothing but smaller opponents, with the exception of Trout.

Comment

Working...
                    X