Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your scorecard for Hopkins-Dawson II? I scored all 12 rounds for Dawson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your scorecard for Hopkins-Dawson II? I scored all 12 rounds for Dawson.

I just finished watching Hopkins vs Dawson II and I was surprised at how absolutely one sided the fight was. I scored every single round for Chad Dawson. I repeat: I gave him all 12 rounds.
    The only 2 rounds which were close were rounds 7 and 9 in my opinion.
    Dawson put on a masterpiece, he was too big, too slick, too strong, too good, too young for Hopkins. He outpunched him, outmuscled him and outboxed him. I loved watching this fight cause it was a masterpiece. I dont need to see a brutal knockout, I prefer slick boxing and Dawson did it.
    It's basically impossible to knock Hopkins out cause Hopkins is too defensive, too dirty and too experienced to get knocked out by anyone.
    The 114:114 scorecard by that judge was a disgrace. Reminded me of the disgraceful split decision win of Calzaghe vs Hopkins cause no way was that a split decision. (in reality it was a UD victory for Calzaghe)
    What were your scorecards for Dawson vs Hopkins II:
    Vote on the poll: How many rounds did you give Hopkins in this fight?
    Damn, I messed up the poll. Can a mod add "0 rounds" please?
    If it doesnt work, all those who think Hopkins won zero rounds, should just vote "1 round".
    1 round
    10.14%
    2 rounds
    26.09%
    3 rounds
    11.59%
    4 rounds
    15.94%
    5 rounds
    5.80%
    6 rounds
    5.80%
    more than 6 rounds
    24.64%
    Last edited by Salardo; 04-29-2012, 05:07 AM.

118-110 Dawson for me.

Bernard didn't do anything to win a round clearly though, the 3rd was about the best he manged. He doesn't match-up well with Chad.
    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 04-29-2012, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      118-110 Dawson for me.

Bernard didn't do anything to win a round clearly though, the 3rd was about the best he manged. He doesn't match-up well with Chad.
      I can see that scorecard somehow but I agree that Hopkins didnt win a single round clearly. I felt even in all the close rounds Dawson did enough to win them.

Comment

I had it 119-109 for Dawson. Gave Hopkins the 4th.

Comment

I found myself hugging Bernard's nuts through rounds 2 to 4 so I had it 116-112 to Bad Chad.

Comment

The first two rounds were close enough that I could see Hopkins getting them, the 3rd was his, and I think it was the 10th or 11th I could see him getting as well. So 4 at most IMO.

I had it 117-111.

Comment

I gave Hopkins two or three, no way he was shut out... but Dawson clearly won. That's impressive, considering no one has clearly defeated Hopkins since Jones way back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                I gave Hopkins two or three, no way he was shut out... but Dawson clearly won. That's impressive, considering no one has clearly defeated Hopkins since Jones way back in the day.
                Bro, I strongly disagree. The first Roy Jones-Hopkins fight was actually pretty close in my opinion. Very close actually. The Dawson-Hopkins 2 fight was totally one sided in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                  Bro, I strongly disagree. The first Roy Jones-Hopkins fight was actually pretty close in my opinion. Very close actually. The Dawson-Hopkins 2 fight was totally one sided in comparison.
                  Oh, I agree. I gave Hopkins more rounds against Jones than I did against Dawson (If I remember correctly). I just meant that it's impressive of Dawson as he's the first guy to clearly beat Hopkins since the Jones fight. The Taylor and Calzaghe fights were pretty controversial and could have gone Bopkins way in a lot of peoples eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                    Oh, I agree. I gave Hopkins more rounds against Jones than I did against Dawson (If I remember correctly). I just meant that it's impressive of Dawson as he's the first guy to clearly beat Hopkins since the Jones fight. The Taylor and Calzaghe fights were pretty controversial and could have gone Bopkins way in a lot of peoples eyes.
                    oh yeah, then I understand. But I felt Roy Jones didnt totally "clearly" beat Hopkins. I mean he beat him, but it wasnt one sided at all in my opinion. I felt Calzaghe beat Hopkins more clearly than Roy did.

Comment

Working...
                    X