Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe Wins, Dominates and Punishes Roy Jones Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe was beautiful tonight.

A wonderful and exciting performance. Can anybody say they did not enjoy that?

To those who said he could not punch - You were wrong.

Straight left is a killer.

To those who said he could not TAKE a punch - You were wrong.

Joe takes a vicious uppercut that would have stopped a juggernaught.

The only thing that annoyed me was too much showboating. You don't tease with a legend like Roy Jones. I felt sorry for poor Roy. They will be good friends, Joe showed his true class in the post interview.

Comment

I wanted Roy Jones to win at first...

Like I kept saying up to the fight, I wanted Roy Jones to win but my brain said Joe Calzaghe and that they were both my favorites (still are).

But after round 3 or so I found myself cheering for Joe after he showboated back at Roy, it was great.

And what a beating, Roy just needs to call it a career now .

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
        tell me about it buddy. Joe was on fire tonight.

When he went down, I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. He had to put me through all that grief again.
        Hey man, how do I donate your points?

I've never called it wrong before, so I have no idea

Comment

Joe was dropped in the furst!
          lamo

what a bum!

Comment

**** was pointless hit was!!! pointless

Hey Macchamp i agree with you it was pointless and did look like how he brutally beat Jeff Lacy couple years ago **** was sad after round 7 Roy had no chance of coming back, Cal swarmed him hard and never gave him an opportunity to get goin im starting to think roy isnt all wut the industry say he is because all his goo fights were against ppl we never really heard of but his big fights he got his ass whopped and tonight got cut badly for the first time in his career. I think roy is the one retiring and Joe isnt because of this easy ass win

Comment

So That's 1 Win Over A Hyped Up Lacy, And 2 Wins Over 2 Oldies But Goodies, Gonna Retire? Sounds Like A Mayweather Ploy To Me.

Comment

I even predicted the early knockdown!

I hate to imitate Manny Steward but the fight went just like I thought it would.

Good job by Calzaghe. He didn't seem that eager to retire judging from the post-fight interview but there are only two real opponents left for him, Dawson and Hopkins.

I'm sure neither of them sound very intriguing for Calzaghe at this point but he can still clearly perform.

Comment

I wasn't too disappointed in him. I agree Jones didn't throw when Joe was wide open. But Roy from Ten years ago would have. We all knew that Roy was basically a shadow of himself, still I was impressed that at near 40, He fought cut and fought on to the end. Roy nor his fans have anything to be ashamed of. Plus a nice knockdown in the first round was a pleasant surprise.

Comment

i knew joe would embarass roy .. he was out classed by a better boxer , an joe made roy look real bad ... roy couldnt beat joe know or back then !!!!!!!

Comment

Lets give both fighters credit

Roy did much better than I thought he would, and yet at the same time Calzaghe was offensively more effective than I thought he would be. overall, I was impressed by both of them. Not in my wildest dreams did I think that Jones would have dropped Calzaghe.

other than that this fight wasnt very surprising other than Calzaghe cutting Roy so bad...it was an entertaining fight! which was the best part. mostly thanks to Calzaghe's antics, haha. I hope he doesnt retire.

I had it 117-110, so I was slightly surprised by the scores of 118-109...but obviously it didnt matter. Good job Calzaghe, good job Jones.

Comment

Working...
                      X