No announcement yet.

Teófilo Stevenson has died

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teófilo Stevenson has died

The great Cuban boxer Teófilo Stevenson passed away.
    Heart attack, 60 years old.

Damn, that really sucks. I remember my father telling me when I was a teenager in that Stevenson could have been one of the great HW's had he defected from Cuba. He would have fought in the time period of guys like Holmes, Shavers, Norton, Berbick, Tyson, and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
      Man, and at 60 he still have lots to live,

Watching his fights and history, damn one of the Greats has gone away

Descansa en Paz Campeon!

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
        RIP Stevenson. He was a good boxer but a communist. Now back to the issues! Floyd is a dodger and Pac got robbed! Let this thread die immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
          RIP Stevenson. He was a good boxer but a communist. Now back to the issues! Floyd is a dodger and Pac got robbed! Let this thread die immediately!
          So what?....

Comment

Man... I remember when I first saw this guy fight... what beast. Makes you wonder what the heavyweight scene would have been like if he was a pro

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Man... I remember when I first saw this guy fight... what beast. Makes you wonder what the heavyweight scene would have been like if he was a pro
              Stevenson vs Ali would have been great, but Stevenson didn't chase the money.

Stevenson should have had some tune ups before facing Ali, to prepare for a long fight, even tough Stevenson could knock anybody out with a straight,

The fight would have gone the long distance, It would have been great.

Comment

Stevenson only would have fought Ali when Ali as getting up there in age, in Alis mid 30's. Stevenson would have had great fights with Larry Holmes, Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers, Trevor Berbick, Ron Lyle, on eventually probably Mike Tyson. Stevenson had crazy skills.

Comment

i remember hearing a story where duran met fidel castro..and castro asked duran what he thought about an ali vs stevenson fight and duran without hesitation told castro that ali would beat stevenson's ass...and shortly after duran was told to leave lol. R.I.P. stevenson..i bet you would have given ali and the other great HWs at the time a hell of a fight.

Comment

That is too bad, A Great Amateur!

May he rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                    X