No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Fedor trains for Silva fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Fedor trains for Silva fight.

Originally posted by Airmanik (on Sherdog)
    Originally posted by Airmanik

There`s no reason to translate everything, so most interesting parts:

Fedor:
    -"Probably there is some disappointment (in losing), because I see how everybody around me is upset."

-"I don`t have specific tactic for a fight. I can`t say I will be attacking or defending. Everything will depend on my opponent`s actions, my actions and his reaction on my actions. Antonio Silva is serious opponent. Most of his wins are by knockout.."

In preparation for a fight, every morning Fedor starts with running 6-15km on open air in any weather. Then, it`s a gym. Fedor now is on stage of light training - most of a time he trains defense and footwork.

Voronov doesn`t think that Fedor lost to Werdum because of lack of technique:
    -"There were objective circumstances. We were unable to do everything what coaching staff wanted. Because after a fight against Rogers, his hand was broken - spoke were inserted. After Russian Sambo Championship he had fracture in other hand. And before a fight (with Werdum) with mostly trained conditioning, because special training was impossible because of hand injuries."

Neustroev (Fedor`s masseur):
    -"If Fedor has some injuries, he doesn`t tell it to anybody.."

Voronov:
    -"Fedor is too kind in some moments. Somewhere in a fight he could be tougher.. There were moments where he could be tougher, but Fedor, if he sees that he can win another way, will never trumatize his opponent."

Fedor doesn`t plan on retiring:
    -"I would like to compete more. But it`s God`s will. Depends on health. Right now, thank God, I`m on the level."
    Last edited by monaroCountry; 01-18-2011, 02:37 PM.

Voronov:
    -"Fedor is too kind in some moments. Somewhere in a fight he could be tougher.. There were moments where he could be tougher, but Fedor, if he sees that he can win another way, will never trumatize his opponent."

He's just too kind, idnt he.

Comment

I don't know about that, his killer instinct is tremendous.

Anyway, it sounds like Fedor will walk in with no gameplan..hmm not good.

Comment

He runs 6 to 15km a day? Is he taking in over 4,000 calories a day then?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub View Post
          He runs 6 to 15km a day? Is he taking in over 4,000 calories a day then?
          Ehh, Fedor looks like he takes in a fair few extra calories from time to time

Comment

I hope that loss lit a fire under his ass. Im expecting to see a re-motivated Fedor.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Ehh, Fedor looks like he takes in a fair few extra calories from time to time
              I think fedor once said that he eats everything and anything his wise cooks for him, apparently his wife is a great cook.

Comment

The gravest mistake that cost Fedor his title was not protecting his limbs from a Brazilian Jujitsu expert. Going hog wild in a ground and pound was his wake up call.

Comment

Fedor's submission is good enough, his mistake was going crazy on the ground after mistaking that Werdum was seriously hurt.

Comment

Working...
                  X