Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I see in Algeri-Provodnikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Algieri doing well early, but succumbing to Ruslan's unrelenting pressure. He's too strong for Algieri to keep off for 12 IMO. Ruslan TKO 6

Comment

Kind of a waste of a Saturday night card, should be some mando defenses off of tv for the champs.

Comment

provo is gonna lose.....i got algeri winning too. roach is gonna sick pac on algeri after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanBox View Post
          Did anyone see Algieri fight Peralta? Rocked numerous times because he throws combinations with his hands low. He won in the end because Peralta gassed.

Ruslan is going to cut the ring off from Chris break him down and knock him out. Ruslan may even get him out of there early with a left hook while Algieri has his hands low while throwing a left uppercut. Algieri isn't really that slick.
          I was just going to say, good call man, Peralta is miles away from anything Provo does, and had he not had such a bad gas tank he would have had Chris out of there I think, still credit to Chris for winning but Provo is 10x the beast Peralta was.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
            I was just going to say, good call man, Peralta is miles away from anything Provo does, and had he not had such a bad gas tank he would have had Chris out of there I think, still credit to Chris for winning but Provo is 10x the beast Peralta was.
            Yeah exactly man. I think some people see Algieri's undefeated record and look at how their styles match up, not taking into account experience. Chris had problems with a guy like Peralta and now he's taking a big step up in competition compared to the guys he's been fighting.

To me, he doesn't look that great in his past fights. Even worse when you realise he is outboxing(and not even dominating) C and D level guys.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanBox View Post
              Yeah exactly man. I think some people see Algieri's undefeated record and look at how their styles match up, not taking into account experience. Chris had problems with a guy like Peralta and now he's taking a big step up in competition compared to the guys he's been fighting.

To me, he doesn't look that great in his past fights. Even worse when you realise he is outboxing(and not even dominating) C and D level guys.
              Green K'd for your sign, never seen that one before. Funny as hell.

On topic, while I do see Algieri winning as a possibility, I am not sleeping on Provodnikov like most people on this thread are. Yes Provodnikov is more prone to being outboxed than most but he is also a relentless puncher. I have not seen that many fighters who get tagged with a hard shot and keep coming forward with no expression on their faces. Provodnikov took many hard shots from a pretty decent puncher in Alvarado but Provodnikov still found him and broke his will. I got Provodnikov in this one, but it's not an easy fight for him.

Comment

I can't believe some of these posts! The only way Algieri wins is if the fix is in. I can't see him doing better than Alvarado. Provodnikov handled Alvarado in his own backyard in altitude. This should be an easy win for Provodnikov.

Comment

Algieri has the "style" and physical structure to give Ruslan fits, this we all know. It really matters whether or not, Ruslan can impose his will and wear Algieri down to the point of taking away his mobility. This, even though it is probably viewed as a low-key fight, is very intriguing and will determine a lot about each of these two guys. I think this is one of the more interesting fights for the "hardcore" fight fans out there who really follow boxing and it will probably turn out to be one of the more memorable fights of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Kind of a waste of a Saturday night card, should be some mando defenses off of tv for the champs.
                    Not really, it could be much worse. I'm looking forward to my boy Andrade putting in good work against Rose and Ruslan showing his worth against a very solid challenger. This is a decent card, not great but could certainly be much, much worse.

Comment

Good call Cornflake!

Comment

Working...
                      X