If HBO Plays their cards right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    trust me dude hbo are perfect

think of it this way, why did gb come begging back already to show their fights 1 month ago on hbo? the people who are suffering are gb, they lost showtime money on their ppv and are simply recycling bad fights, when broner gets k0d and he will, what then?

all they have done is taken a small fee from guys like floyd, sacrificed their guys instead of keeping them and building their status up. look at how many good guys they are wasting away

remember, they are desperate as they are making losses each year

hbo on the other hands, they have the rest dude

everyone else, the ONLY thing hbo are missing now is their face if that mkes sense, with pac being part time and declining, they lack a ppv leader, thats all

its great chance but guys like bradley, marquez, donaire, rigo, and many many more will carry the channel for a while
    I definitely wouldn't say their perfect they lost a bunch of fighters they were hyping up. Pacquiao, Rios, Donaire are all coming off loses. Pacquiao, Marquez, and Martinez are also at the end of their careers.

And Showtime didn't do well with Mayweather's fight but this next ppv will more than make up for it. Mayweather Canelo is a huge fight that will do huge numbers and will do even better if Garcia Matthysse is the co-main.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
      I definitely wouldn't say their perfect they lost a bunch of fighters they were hyping up. Pacquiao, Rios, Donaire are all coming off loses. Pacquiao, Marquez, and Martinez are also at the end of their careers.

And Showtime didn't do well with Mayweather's fight but this next ppv will more than make up for it. Mayweather Canelo is a huge fight that will do huge numbers and will do even better if Garcia Matthysse is the co-main.
      Canelo is the only sure winner on the 6 fight contract, the other guys will do well to break even.

HBO didn't give up much: Hopkins, Broner, Thurman. The only one they really care about is Broner, but not at $2.5m+ for 14-1 Paulie. That's Berto stuff, good riddance. They built him up anyway, someone else can take his place, doesnt seem like a Floyd type talent.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Canelo is the only sure winner on the 6 fight contract, the other guys will do well to break even.

HBO didn't give up much: Hopkins, Broner, Thurman. The only one they really care about is Broner, but not at $2.5m+ for 14-1 Paulie. That's Berto stuff, good riddance. They built him up anyway, someone else can take his place, doesnt seem like a Floyd type talent.
        I think Khan can do well (over a million) if he can take the IBF.... but not the same if Alexander wins and fights Floyd.
        Also Broner.... is a maybe.... because of their 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          I think Khan can do well (over a million) if he can take the IBF.... but not the same if Alexander wins and fights Floyd.
          Also Broner.... is a maybe.... because of their 24/7
          Right now Khan is very low on credibility. Plus most of his market base is abroad. He's got some US promotional potential, but he's gotta stop being such a joke. Who wants to get invested in a guy that might get knocked out at any time, by anyone. Maybe only 1 good win will do for him, like for Ortiz. If it doesn't pan out for him, they should cast him with Vicious Vic in a stoner comedy, like Cheech vs an Ali G/Kumar mix

Comment

Right now Khan is very low on credibility. Plus most of his market base is abroad. He's got some US promotional potential, but he's gotta stop being such a joke. Maybe only 1 good win will do, like for Ortiz. If it doesn't pan out for him, they should cast him with Vicious Vic in a stoner comedy, like Cheech vs an Ali G/Kumar mix

After Alexander the course will be Mayweather, w/o a doubt. Unless Canelo beats him or they decide to go to the 140 winner route, I doubt they go elsewhere.
            People will criticize going straight for the 140 winner, so I think they'll have matthysse/Garcia fight the Ortiz/Guerrero winner

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              After Alexander the course will be Mayweather, w/o a doubt. Unless Canelo beats him or they decide to go to the 140 winner route, I doubt they go elsewhere.
              People will criticize going straight for the 140 winner, so I think they'll have matthysse/Garcia fight the Ortiz/Guerrero winner
              So you got 2 options: Alexander wins and does worse than Guerrero, or Khan wins, but will be a miracle if he's not dropped and/or on shaky legs, not looking like a convincing or even decent Floyd opponent.

The problem with Lucas Garcia is that Lucas likely wins, and he doesn't have any built in following, in numbers. Only hardcores, which are few and stream a lot. He'll get max exposure on the undercard, but just 1 fight is rarely enough to build someone up to that level pretty much from zero.

PPVs thrive on ethnic marketing, none of these guys help on cinco de Mayo or Mex Indep Day.

Comment

So you got 2 options: Alexander wins and does worse than Guerrero, or Khan wins, but will be a miracle if he's not dropped and/or on shaky legs, not looking like a convincing or even decent Floyd opponent.

The problem with Lucas Garcia is that Lucas likely wins, and he doesn't have any built in following, in numbers. Only hardcores, which are few and stream a lot. He'll get max exposure on the undercard, but just 1 fight is rarely enough to build someone up to that level pretty much from zero.

PPVs thrive on ethnic marketing, none of these guys help on cinco de Mayo or Mex Indep Day.
                Ethnic wise.... they got nobody.
                They could probably do a rematch if they think it's close enough or he loses

Comment

Working...
                X