No announcement yet.

Pacquiao - Marquez IV Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao - Marquez IV Undercard

I've noticed that the undercard fights for Pacquiao - Marquez IV feature lots of Filipino fighters.

Mercito Gesta
    Micheal Farenas
    Dodie Boy Penalosa Jr.
    Ernie Sanchez

What can you say about its undercard matches?

I cant complain for the first time in a while I've wanted to watch more than just 1 of the under cards i don't see how where they are from matters.

Comment

how many undercards are there

Comment

I'm not sure but I only highlighted the main ones. These undercard matches will definitely sell to the Filipinos.

Comment

Undercard is sht

Comment

It could turn out to be an okay undercard with Gamboa and Fortuna fighting what looks like showcase fights, and then Gesta vs Vazquez.

Comment

For a main event of this caliber with two big names, you would think there would be no showcase fights, just good evenly matched fights. But that is asking for too much from Top Rank. I expect Gamboa and Fortuna to win. I think Vazquez will win, and I hope Marquez wins but I think Pacquiao will get the decision.

Comment

solid card...lookin forward to ALL the bouts...cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by tmen View Post
                  I've noticed that the undercard fights for Pacquiao - Marquez IV feature lots of Filipino fighters.

Mercito Gesta
                  Micheal Farenas
                  Dodie Boy Penalosa Jr.
                  Ernie Sanchez
                  Originally posted by tmen View Post
                  I'm not sure but I only highlighted the main ones. These undercard matches will definitely sell to the Filipinos.
                  There are approximately 3.5 million Filipinos and people of Filipino ancestry in the United States. (Almost as many as Puerto Ricans living in the mainland U.S.) The population of the Philippines is over 92 million. That's a lot of people to get interested in boxing. It makes perfect business sense to go after that demographic. Pacquiao gets credit for the surge in Pinoy interest in boxing, but the promoters are doing the smart thing and trying to keep the pipeline going with guys like the ones on tonight's undercard.

Comment

..... and still no Donaire on the undercard. Shady ass Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X