Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn full Interview on Golovkin vs Brook vs. Eubank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 3 minutes in so far and he is talking about nobody wanting to fight Kell and he can't offer more money than he already is without taking a loss on the fight... but isn't that his fault for not building Brook up enough to the point where he is a household name that can afford to pay his opponents? I mean, if he believes in Brook so much... then take a loss on a fight to build him up... pay out what it takes to get a Broner to come fight him and then make money on the next fights when he has captured the attention of the American and British audiences.
    Like any business, it is about investment in products/brands and people... and it sounds to me that Hearn never really wanted to invest in Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
      About 3 minutes in so far and he is talking about nobody wanting to fight Kell and he can't offer more money than he already is without taking a loss on the fight... but isn't that his fault for not building Brook up enough to the point where he is a household name that can afford to pay his opponents? I mean, if he believes in Brook so much... then take a loss on a fight to build him up... pay out what it takes to get a Broner to come fight him and then make money on the next fights when he has captured the attention of the American and British audiences.
      Like any business, it is about investment in products/brands and people... and it sounds to me that Hearn never really wanted to invest in Brook.
      i respectfully disagree, at some point you have to say "No", Vargas was getting the biggest money he ever got and Brook would be pretty much selling the show. Brook isn't invincible, he can also lose and that's the end of that. He also explains on how they do some of the shows where the fighter owns the show, and how the fighters make the money from the show and they take the a commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Half way through and am incline to believe Hearn, would like to hear from the Eubanks doe soon.
        sr tweeted the other day that he'll give an interview to Kugan

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          He made it pretty clear on the post fight interview though. He wanted everything going his way and Hearn said **** it, not gonna happen. Sr even wanted to change the ticket price. He should probably stfu and let the professionals do their job or he is gonna **** up jr's career even more.

Comment

4 mins in i turned the interview off

Firstly Chaves signed up to face Brook....Brook pulled out

Lemont Peterson was willing to come and fight Brook, Hearn confirmed this in a previous interview

Spence's team called Hearn and said they will take the Brook fight in the UK....Hearn told them he is negotiating with Vargas...and used Vargas an an excuse to not want to make the Spence fight happen

Berto was willing to come to the UK, Hearn mentioned this in a interview

So this MYTH that nobody wants to face Brook is just that a MYTH

Berto, Petterson, Chaves Spence are more credible than Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin and Kevin Bizier

Its just Eddie Hearn is scared to throw Brook in the ring with boxers who have nothing to lose.....He has stated on numerous occasions that he has made "NO MONEY FROM BROOK"....So now he is cashing Brook out against GGG.

I am not saying Brook is scared, but Hearn has no faith in Brooks abilities...Hearn wants to get paid first before he takes a risk with his investment....As a promoter/friend he should have advised Brook not to take this fight.
            Last edited by FrankieBruno; 07-11-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
              if he went on public record with a full interview, i am also inclined to believe but i was never a big skeptic of Hearn, he came off as one of the more honest promoters in the game.
              I always find it difficult to believe and back promoters, and I was very skeptical about he way the GGG- Brook fight was announced. But Hearn came off here as straightforward and truthful.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I would like to hear his side of the story, Eubank sr is definitely a deluded person but I still want to hear what he has to say. They were suppose to be getting 20% of the PPV money with sky keeping 80% according to Hearn. Hopefully the interview can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                i respectfully disagree, at some point you have to say "No", Vargas was getting the biggest money he ever got and Brook would be pretty much selling the show. Brook isn't invincible, he can also lose and that's the end of that. He also explains on how they do some of the shows where the fighter owns the show, and how the fighters make the money from the show and they take the a commission.
                We are not talking about Vargas... listen, I was a big defender of Brook throughout his career... but this Golovkin fight reeks of a cash-out.
                There are two problems... the first is that Brook doesn't want to leave the UK... he would much rather people come to him... and despite Hearn's rhetoric that fighters now earn more money in the UK... it simply isn't true... so he can't lure a Thurman, a Broner... a Bradley... because these guys are established in the USA... and they demand the same money to come to the UK... if Brook wanted the Thurman fight... it could be made... but he doesn't want to go to America for it.
                The second problem is like I say... this is all Hearn and Brook's fault for not establishing him as a household name... do you think a Haye... a Khan... et al... would have problems paying their opponents on a UK show? Of course they wouldn't... because they can bring in a PPV audience...
                Brook is in a position where he isn't able to command a big fee in the UK, but he wants to lure the top US names over, without paying them...
                Hearn had 3 options...
                1... force Kell to go to America and fight on the PBC shows against the Thurman's and Broners...
                2... take a loss on a fight and invest in building him up so he garners a large enough fan base to become profitable in his next few fights
                3... take an unwinnable fight that guarantees a payday at the cost of his boxing career... he chose this one.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  4 mins in i turned the interview off

Firstly Chaves signed up to face Brook....Brook pulled out

Lemont Peterson was willing to come and fight Brook, Hearn confirmed this in a previous interview

Spence's team called Hearn and said they will take the Brook fight in the UK....Hearn told them he is negotiating with Vargas...and used Vargas an an excuse to not want to make the Spence fight happen

Berto was willing to come to the UK, Hearn mentioned this in a interview

So this MYTH that nobody wants to face Brook is just that a MYTH

Berto, Petterson, Chaves Spence are more credible than Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin and Kevin Bizier

Its just Eddie Hearn is scared to throw Brook in the ring with boxers who have nothing to lose.....He has stated on numerous occasions that he has made "NO MONEY FROM BROOK"....So now he is cashing Brook out against GGG.

I am not saying Brook is scared, but Hearn has no faith in Brooks abilities...Hearn wants to get paid first before he takes a risk with his investment....As a promoter/friend he should have advised Brook not to take this fight.
                  Do you have any information on the meetings and dealings that went on? Seems like you just made a bunch of assumptions and came to your own conclusion. Just because a fighter is interested does not mean the fight is going to happen. Its not magic. The GGG Eubank deal went on for 4 weeks and got called off. No one knows what goes in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
                    Do you have any information on the meetings and dealings that went on? Seems like you just made a bunch of assumptions and came to your own conclusion. Just because a fighter is interested does not mean the fight is going to happen. Its not magic. The GGG Eubank deal went on for 4 weeks and got called off. No one knows what goes in the background.
                    Hearns own mouth, his past interviews

He flips flops alot....

He is a very untrustworthy fella

I don't care about the Eubank deal, i am talking about other fights which Hearn could have made for Brook - but he chose not to

Brooks career has been in the ****ter because if Hearn and his maneuvering

Now he is feeding Brook to a shark for a quick payday.

Last year he was telling us GGG is too much for Froch and this year he is throwing a 147 boxer into the ring with GGG.

If GGG is too much for Froch, what ****in chance does Kell stand?

This could end very bad for Kell, a dangerous fight which could ruin him for life

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      Hearns own mouth, his past interviews

He flips flops alot....

He is a very untrustworthy fella

I don't care about the Eubank deal, i am talking about other fights which Hearn could have made for Brook - but he chose not to

Brooks career has been in the ****ter because if Hearn and his maneuvering

Now he is feeding Brook to a shark for a quick payday.

Last year he was telling us GGG is too much for Froch and this year he is throwing a 147 boxer into the ring with GGG.

If GGG is too much for Froch, what ****in chance does Kell stand?

This could end very bad for Kell, a dangerous fight which could ruin him for life
                      Kell will have a good future after this, even if it ends up in loss. Khan is a worse fighter than him and he seems to be doing well after that brutal KO. Brook is irrelevant in UK right now. You said its Hearn's fault for not building him up. Well now you have it, he is building him up and showcasing him to a very very large British crowd. It sucks that he may have to take his first loss but he is a very good fighter and if he gets a good fanbase, he can go very high.

Comment

Working...
                      X