Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 28 years old. 6ft and 180lbs in great physical shape.. could calderon hurt me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
    listen buddy, everybody is tough on the internet. go to a local gym and spar with a decent, experienced welterweight . Im sure he s gonna beat the crap out of you
    I'm not claiming to be a tough guy etc etc... I have sparred many times at my local gym and I can hold my own with decent people in my own weight... I grew up in one of the toughest parts of Glasgow and have had my chin checked many a time and been I a lot of scraps... Granted they mean **** when you get in the ring but what I'm getting at is that I'm a decent fighter/boxer and I'm pretty sure Calderon doesn't KO me... I'm pretty certain that with my size difference I could pressure him enough... My punches whether they landed on arms and elbows would still be a massive impact on him... 7 stone and 1 foot is gargantuan weight and height advanteges... His best shot of KO'ing me in my opinion is body shots

Comment

Just to clarify your mistakes, at 180lbs, you are about 5 stone heavier then Calderon...not 7. Malignaggi would be around 2.5 stone lighter....and would stop you no matter what you think.

Comment

Calderon would make you quit after your left with blood all over your face .

Paulie would knock you out in like 4

Calderon spared delahoya in prep for mayweather who i know for a fact punches twice as hard as you .

Paulie no doubt has great countering skills and although he might not be able to ko Pros who take punches on a daily basis im pretty sure he could dispose of someone who doesnt box professional

Dont worry im just being real same thing would happen to us all .

Imagine trying to catch a prime calderon OMGGGG

Comment

Originally posted by da_beast View Post
          I'm not claiming to be a tough guy etc etc... I have sparred many times at my local gym and I can hold my own with decent people in my own weight... I grew up in one of the toughest parts of Glasgow and have had my chin checked many a time and been I a lot of scraps... Granted they mean **** when you get in the ring but what I'm getting at is that I'm a decent fighter/boxer and I'm pretty sure Calderon doesn't KO me... I'm pretty certain that with my size difference I could pressure him enough... My punches whether they landed on arms and elbows would still be a massive impact on him... 7 stone and 1 foot is gargantuan weight and height advanteges... His best shot of KO'ing me in my opinion is body shots
          No way in hell you could even cut off the ring on calderon . It may look easy but reality is a b1tch .

Show of some footage of you sparring so we can get a better picture here
          Last edited by FirePunch; 03-13-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I seem to be vastly outnumbered here and I assume if the majority of people on here say he will K.O me then I'm guessing he would... I just can't see a 7.5 stone guy KO'ing me lol

Comment

I picked those 2 particular boxers because they aren't renowned punchers... I have a decent chin and mentally I'm the most stubborn single minded person I know.. I would have to be carried out on a streatcher before anyone beat me.. I'm pretty certain that no one at 5ft and 7 stone lighter than me isn't knocking me out... Malignaggi might get me out of there on accumulated punishment but I thought that with a 4 stone weight advantage and a highly bigger muscle mass I would have a decent punchers chance against him... Everyone seems to disagree with me so I must be wrong... But again I find it very unlikely that a 5ft 104lbs guy floors me
              its not that they r going to knock you out with 1 punch. It will be an accumilation of punches. Ones you dont see coming

Comment

I agree. the guy who made the thread should post a video of himself sparring. cause all the talk is ridiculous. either post sparring footage of yourself or stop talking about what you would do with Calderon or Malignaggi

Comment

I seem to be vastly outnumbered here and I assume if the majority of people on here say he will K.O me then I'm guessing he would... I just can't see a 7.5 stone guy KO'ing me lol

you are not getting kayod by ivan calderon

dont worry abotu that in the least

you met get exhaused and stopped, but you arent getting turned into a pile of goo from one punch from the lightest punching world champion of all time

most of these guys have probably never even seen a FW, BW, flyweight, etc.
                  they are miniscule. if you are big guy they really arent a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    you are not getting kayod by ivan calderon

dont worry abotu that in the least

you met get exhaused and stopped, but you arent getting turned into a pile of goo from one punch from the lightest punching world champion of all time

most of these guys have probably never even seen a FW, BW, flyweight, etc.
                    they are miniscule. if you are big guy they really arent a threat.
                    This is exactley what I was thinking but apparently I'm getting knocked out by a midget... Calderon is tiny and has very little power in his weight class... All be it he is a tremendous boxer I doubt he is KO'ing me... If I was in trouble I would just pull a josh Clotey lol... But I doubt he would spark me.

Comment

I think even floyd couldn't ko u as long as he don't sucker punch u.

Comment

Working...
                      X