No announcement yet.

GGG is not being ducked. Stop the B.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    Golovkin took the money from Cotto and is taking money from Alvarez because he has no other choice. If he had tried to force a fight with Cotto, Cotto would have dropped the WBC belt and fought Geale anyway. Golovkin would have ended up fighting Lemieux or someone of that caliber regardless.

The same thing applies to Alvarez. If he chose not to make the agreement that he made with Cotto, the WBC would have allowed Cotto to make three voluntary defenses anyway before they forced him to face Golovkin. Golovkin would have ended up fighting another stiff in his next fight regardless. This way, he is making a hell of a lot more money fighting stiffs.

As for the ducking situation, both Lara and Ward have offered to fight the guy who said he will fight anyone from 154 to 168. Golovkin has turned them both down. Golovkin's promoter recently told Carl Froch that he is no longer interestd in making a Froch/Golovin fight. Also, James Degale recently stated that he will go down to 160 to fight Golovkin. I seriously doubt that fight will ever happen either.

Just like Keith Thurman, GGG is only being ducked in the minds of his mindless fans.
    Hey GGG I'll fight you too... See,I just did what Lara did... At least Ward sent an offer for the end of next year. It's easy to say you'll fight someone...how about make an effort to actually do what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      Golovkin took the money from Cotto and is taking money from Alvarez because he has no other choice. If he had tried to force a fight with Cotto, Cotto would have dropped the WBC belt and fought Geale anyway. Golovkin would have ended up fighting Lemieux or someone of that caliber regardless.

The same thing applies to Alvarez. If he chose not to make the agreement that he made with Cotto, the WBC would have allowed Cotto to make three voluntary defenses anyway before they forced him to face Golovkin. Golovkin would have ended up fighting another stiff in his next fight regardless. This way, he is making a hell of a lot more money fighting stiffs.

As for the ducking situation, both Lara and Ward have offered to fight the guy who said he will fight anyone from 154 to 168. Golovkin has turned them both down. Golovkin's promoter recently told Carl Froch that he is no longer interestd in making a Froch/Golovin fight. Also, James Degale recently stated that he will go down to 160 to fight Golovkin. I seriously doubt that fight will ever happen either.

Just like Keith Thurman, GGG is only being ducked in the minds of his mindless fans.
      If Cotto is willing to pay $800,000 to keep the belt what makes you think he'd drop the belt to avoid fighting GGG? People always assume Cotto or Canelo don't value the belts but they're paying good money in order to keep it. Canelo even said before the Cotto fight that he didn't want to fight for the belt, that was Cotto's idea. But he sure as hell didn't drop it after the fight. The belt still has meaning to those guys. Like Holyfield said people say the belts don't mean nothing but I've made a lot more money with them than without them.

Comment

This is one of the dumbest arguments I've seen on NSB in a long time. The fact is that Martinez, Cotto and now Canelo have/is ducking GGG for the same reason. It's a classic case of high risk and low reward, but it doesn't change the fact that GGG is the one clearly being duck here. And for him taking the step aside money it's really simple, take the money or nothing because the fights not happening no matter what you do. He will take the money to step aside while Canelo fights a no body in May, because they are paying him a large sum and asking him to sign a hush/confidentiality contract. To think of this in any other way is pure idiocy.

Comment

Working...
        X