Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop the ******ed stoppages thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically how I see it is if The fighter doesn't even bother to protest it must have been a good stoppage.

Comment

You can make a case for too early, but it was not gonna end good. I can see both sides of that debate.

Comment

It was a sh.it stoppage not because Quillin wasn't hurt(he was) but because it was a clear choke job by the ref....the guy had already gotten in the way of Jacobs before, then right after the hard right that put Quillin on bambi legs, he stepped in prematurely, and then panicked when he realised Quillin didn't go down and Jacobs couldn't follow up because the ref had stepped in and confused him.

Comment

Quillin didn't say boo about the stoppage...in my books that means he was in agreement with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            Quillin didn't say boo about the stoppage...in my books that means he was in agreement with it.
            More often than not thats a solid sign the stoppage was agreed to be a good one by the fighter I'd tend to agree, but that discounts everyone as being the same type of person which obviously isn't true.

Some people just live in the reality they are in & the things they can control. Once the fight is stopped its stopped. Nothing you can say or do can change that. I think Quillin is probably one of those types of guys.

I also tend to think there are some guys who agree with the stoppage & ***** & moan to the ref knowing the point you brought up. Nothing is 100% with how people react in these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              More often than not thats a solid sign the stoppage was agreed to be a good one by the fighter I'd tend to agree, but that discounts everyone as being the same type of person which obviously isn't true.

Some people just live in the reality they are in & the things they can control. Once the fight is stopped its stopped. Nothing you can say or do can change that. I think Quillin is probably one of those types of guys.

I also tend to think there are some guys who agree with the stoppage & ***** & moan to the ref knowing the point you brought up. Nothing is 100% with how people react in these situations.
              It was only going to get worse for Quillin..there was still 1/2 a round left and he was beaten up...you energy is zapped when you get wobbled like that and Jacobs was in kill mode. Quillin knew he lost...it was obvious.

Comment

Working...
              X