No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux not worth the money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
    The Cordoba fight could have been better. I've never scrutinized Rigo much and not because it turned out to be a 'snooze fest' but because people expected more out of it given the main card it was headlining.
    I'm glad you didn't take it to heart the way I did. I honestly felt, before the fight, that Rigo was the flagship of Cuban boxing, even while everyone else was swinging off Yuri's nuts. The Cordoba fight shook me. I reconsidered my thinking. It made no sense to me. After a couple of more fights, I came to the conclusion that Guille was just suffering from the transition of amateur to pro. I saw all I needed to see with the Donaire fight. "El Chacal" is as real as I always thought he was. Even now, he's probably the fifth or sixth Cuban pro of all time. Nice work for twelve professional fights.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I'm glad you didn't take it to heart the way I did. I honestly felt, before the fight, that Rigo was the flagship of Cuban boxing, even while everyone else was swinging off Yuri's nuts. The Cordoba fight shook me. I reconsidered my thinking. It made no sense to me. After a couple of more fights, I came to the conclusion that Guille was just suffering from the transition of amateur to pro. I saw all I needed to see with the Donaire fight. "El Chacal" is as real as I always thought he was. Even now, he's probably the fifth or sixth Cuban pro of all time. Nice work for twelve professional fights.
      I don't know man, maybe I was still high off the Cordoba vs Bernard Dunne fight and felt Cordoba to be a extremely dangerous for Rigo.

My beef was with those around me that night. All sugary for the Pac - Marg fight thinking they were going to see a slug fest between Rigo-Cordoba.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        "El Chacal" is great. What else can be said about him that hasn't already been said? I'm, just disappointed that he's not fighting as often as he should, and his biological clock is definitely ticking. Tonight I watched an old (by boxing standards) Rafael Marquez, lose to a kid that couldn't carry his jock in Rafa's prime. Some day, not too long from now, that will be Rigo. Any true fan of boxing must lament that fate.
        i agree my friend, sad situation

Comment

Working...
        X