No announcement yet.

If team Ortiz study Judah vs May and DLH vs May it will be a guaranteed victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Neither one really gave him much trouble though. Even before they gassed out.

If you going to study some tapes. Why not study guys that actually gave Floyd trouble like Castillo I and II and Burton/Agustus? Throw in the Corley fight, who fights from a southpaw stance and hurt Floyd more than what Oscar and Judah did.

Don't get it me wrong, study Judah and Oscar as well. But, I would also focus more so on Castillo I and II, Agustus/Burton, and Corley fight.
    You're not getting it...Those fights you mentioned were OLD fights when Floyd was at a lower weight class...He's a different fighter now...That's like telling Marquez to study the Torecampo fight against Pac...I'm saying Ortiz should study the winning rounds of the Mayweather vs Judah and DLH fights cuz Ortiz has similarities to both these fighters physically and technically...Ortiz is a southpaw that moves his head like Judah, and he's gonna be as big as Oscar was and bring that pressure...the difference is that Ortiz can keep the pace unlike they did...Ortiz is a young fighter that can keep the pace with his stamina to do what Oscar couldn't complete and Judah cuz they punched themselves out...

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
      You're not getting it...Those fights you mentioned were OLD fights when Floyd was at a lower weight class...He's a different fighter now...That's like telling Marquez to study the Torecampo fight against Pac...I'm saying Ortiz should study the winning rounds of the Mayweather vs Judah and DLH fights cuz Ortiz has similarities to both these fighters physically and technically...Ortiz is a southpaw that moves his head like Judah, and he's gonna be as big as Oscar was and bring that pressure...the difference is that Ortiz can keep the pace unlike they did...Ortiz is a young fighter that can keep the pace with his stamina to do what Oscar couldn't complete and Judah cuz they punched themselves out...
      Yes because that is what hurt Judah and Oscar against Floyd. It was there stamina, yea that what it was

LOL # at taling about old, and and naming fights that took place 4 and 5 years ago.

Anyways, OK sure study those tapes. That will help Ortiz win 4 rounds. Good stuff, I only saw him winning 1 round. But, with this gameplan he can win 4. I can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Yes because that is what hurt Judah and Oscar against Floyd. It was there stamina, yea that what it was

LOL # at taling about old, and and naming fights that took place 4 and 5 years ago.

Anyways, OK sure study those tapes. That will help Ortiz win 4 rounds. Good stuff, I only saw him winning 1 round. But, with this gameplan he can win 4. I can see it.
        Ortiz is gonna shock the world...just wait...

Comment

IMO Floyd struggled with Judah's quickness and athleticism early on in the fight. Judah is WAY more athletic than Ortiz.

Comment

Sure he should study those fights (among others), but 1. They didn't win those fights and 2. Watching them fight doesn't mean you can fight exactly like them. If beating Floyd was so simple, then somebody would have done it by now.

Comment

The first round for Judah/Mayweather was nothing it was like Mosley/Floyd round 1.. not a lot thrown and hard to give anyone..

The out of the next 3 rounds Judah has one very good round and the other 2 are competitive.. (This was before Judah gasses apparently)

Then Floyd straight beats him down for the rest of the fight and would have got a tko not for a horrible low blow.

I find it hilarious when people act like Judah totally dominated Flloyd the first 4-5 rounds..

Comment

No. Floyd is vulnerable early in almost all of his fights, he takes several rounds to get a good read on his opponent and once he has them down he sweeps the rest of the fight. Oscar and Judah lost because Floyd figured them out. Unless Victor can knock Floyd out in the first five, he is losing this fight and losing it badly.
                And I like Victor. It just isnt gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                  I'm talking about them before they gassed out...Ortiz will not gas out...
                  They didnt gas, bro. They got figured out and whipped by a better fighter.

Comment

I agree with watching and following the Castillo strategy, a lot of fighters have mentioned those fights, but no one has actually carried it out like Castillo did. People go in there and try to damage floyd, Castillo went in there and tried to win/steal rounds. His pressure was EDUCATED, when he was in range he would jab and put combinations to head and body, and then get out but all the way out he would get totally out of punching range, and also he counter punched, he pressured but didn't throw punches he knew floyd would see coming, this kept floyd guessing and didn't allow him to get any rhythm going, even the 2nd fight was competitive. Oscar stayed there too long and got picked off. Hatton was reckless and didn't have the tools.

Floyd is a better fighter now then he was then, but that does not mean it would not work. Ortiz in a lot of ways has the tools to implement that strategy better than Castillo

Comment

real boxing fans..intelligence on its best

Comment

Working...
                      X