Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Dawson waiting so long to get back in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    Cloud fought just twice in over two years, literally 14 months between fights.
    He looked good against JC Gonzales, but not so hot against faded Clinton Woods.

Cloud sat there waiting for a title shot, didn't get it and knew he wasn't getting it, and chose to do nothing.

He didn't even beat Woods as good as Tarver did, so I don't know why he's considered the savior of the division and nemesis of Dawson.
    I don't recall Tarver ever rocking Woods or come close to stopping him like Cloud did. Tarver won more rounds against Woods if you want to gauge it by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
      I've called Cloud out plenty for that. I just don't understand why people use it as an excuse for Dawson not to fight him when Dawson is inactive as well albeit in a less blatant way.
      Is not an excuse. Is that Dawson fight twice a year cuz he has an HBO contract. You can only fights on the dates that HBO gives you. Tarvoris does not have that so why is he not fighting often? And, Dawson is fighting Pascal next in June. Unless B-Hop comes calling. So what is the big deal bro?

Comment

168 would be too low, he says he could make it but it would hurt his body too much.

Pascal is the second best LHW now (Hopkins will move up and chase a fight IMO) Cloud has fought only one good fighter. Pascal is more established, hes young, fast and aggressive. Dawson should get credit for wanting to fight the best at LHW.

He has faced Glen Johnsonx2 and Tarverx2, Harding and Adamek already at his young age, June is the date Pascal said he'd be back Dawson is the interim champ. Pascal HAS to face him, if Dawson wins he gets a world title then can fight a unification fight with Cloud, Brähmer etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Is not an excuse. Is that Dawson fight twice a year cuz he has an HBO contract. You can only fights on the dates that HBO gives you. Tarvoris does not have that so why is he not fighting often? And, Dawson is fighting Pascal next in June. Unless B-Hop comes calling. So what is the big deal bro?
          Dawson isn't a big draw at all. So the only way I see him becoming one is fighting more often.

Comment

TS I think you have some kind of agenda against Dawson or something

I mean the last we spoke on the issue, in the Pascal-Dawson showdown we were talking about this so called "double standard" which exists between Cloud and Dawson since they both haven't fought to often

but at least Dawson has fought twice this year and twice last year .. something Cloud did not do

you then responded with dawson having fought Ian Gardner .. but it was in 2005 so not very relevant to now.

and so what about Tarver not coming close to stopping Woods .. Antonio Tarver still dominated him and pitched a damn near shut out

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
              TS I think you have some kind of agenda against Dawson or something

I mean the last we spoke on the issue, in the Pascal-Dawson showdown we were talking about this so called "double standard" which exists between Cloud and Dawson since they both haven't fought to often

but at least Dawson has fought twice this year and twice last year .. something Cloud did not do

you then responded with dawson having fought Ian Gardner .. but it was in 2005 so not very relevant to now.

and so what about Tarver not coming close to stopping Woods .. Antonio Tarver still dominated him and pitched a damn near shut out
              Woods only won three rounds off of Cloud if you're being generous, and Woods had a family member that died in the lead up to the Tarver fight.

Comment

doesn't matter, in the build up to Buster Douglas vs Tyson, Buster's mother died before the fight and Buster fought anyway and won.

stop pulling at BS to discredit Chad.

and officially every Cloud-Woods scorecard was 8 rounds to 4

Clinton lost both fights clearly, but he did a bit better vs Cloud.

he wasn't even in the fight vs Tarver.

Comment

doesn't matter, in the build up to Buster Douglas vs Tyson, Buster's mother died before the fight and Buster fought anyway and won.

stop pulling at BS to discredit Chad.

and officially every Cloud-Woods scorecard was 8 rounds to 4

Clinton lost both fights clearly, but he did a bit better vs Cloud.

he wasn't even in the fight vs Tarver.
                  I just don't know why Dawson is waiting so long to get back in the ring. It's a legit question. From what I understand he just refused to have Cloud fight on the undercard of his next fight. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                    So being inactive for eight months and not getting paid at all in that time frame is a reward? Give me a break.
                    okay your jumping all over Dawson for his eight month inactivity

but look at all the between time since Cloud's two fights

why are you knocking on Dawson for his inactivity when Cloud fights less frequently.

Johnson and Tarver might be only 2 fights in a year and waiting till June might not deserve a so called reward

but at least Dawson's fighting.

**what is Cloud doing in the meantime in regards to his fights?

Comment

okay your jumping all over Dawson for his eight month inactivity

but look at all the between time since Cloud's two fights

why are you knocking on Dawson for his inactivity when Cloud fights less frequently.

Johnson and Tarver might be only 2 fights in a year and waiting till June might not deserve a so called reward

but at least Dawson's fighting.

**what is Cloud doing in the meantime in regards to his fights?
                      I think both situations suck. The reason why Cloud was so inactive was because he was Dawson's mandatory and he didn't take another fight because he thought there was a slight chance that Chad may have fought him instead of Tarver. You know, Dawson didn't have to fight Tarver in an immediate rematch. It was a two fight option. The IBF said that he could either fight him immediately or get his mandatory out of the way.

I agree that Cloud deserves the same criticism. But I'm gonna wait to see what happens when the TV dates open up before I criticize him any further than I and other people have. There's really nobody good for him to fight if Dawson isn't going to give him a shot because 175 is a waste land right now. This fight makes sense on so many levels and Cloud is healthy and ready to fight. What's Dawson's excuse for not fighting him? It's bull****.

Comment

Working...
                      X