No announcement yet.

A clear view on Roy Jones Jr...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
    I respect your opinion mate, but I don't agree at all. In my opinion, his recent CW quest was just an excuse to prolong his career. It gave him a goal. But again, he never gave the division a seconds thought back in the day. If you watch any recent interview of his, you'll see that he won't hang them up while ever he feels great in the gym and he can still fight. (at a certain level)

Roy's CW quest is now over. The final nail was hammered in to the coffin when Enzo Mac knocked him out. There's no way he'll ever get another shot. People are genuinely scared of seeing him fight again. Even the Russians don't want to see him fight again. But he's still fighting. That tells you it's not about a CW title. I think he'll fight at least another few times before he finally lets go. He's always wanted one final fight in Pensacola too. So if he fights again and it's somewhere else, you'll know there's more to come.
    fair enough. will agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      fair enough. will agree to disagree.
      Fair enough.

I'm not saying under different circumstances he wouldn't have retired earlier, what I'm saying is, even if he had've done, he'd have come back at some point.

Again, go and watch his interviews. I'm sure you know that he's deeply religious. There's tons of quotes from him saying things such as: "God gave me a gift, and why would I retire and ignore that gift, when I can still perform and other people haven't been blessed like I have?"

Those types of quotes are common.

He's not going anywhere yet.

Comment

I think the important thing to remember is that 15 years had passed in Roy's career by the time he faced Tarver that night.

Comment

Guy is a legend and achieved amazing things with amazing physical gifts rarely to be seen again. If he followed the Mayweather style of matchmaking he would have easily been 50-0 (he wasn't far off before being DQ'd!).

All his later fights should be taken with a bucket of salt. He just cannot walk away due to his father's treatment of him and as boxing is his life.

Comment

Just a piss-take thread btw... ****s and giggles, y'know?

Comment

Working...
            X