No announcement yet.

Julian Williams is ready for the next step

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian Williams is ready for the next step

Ive been following Williams for a little while since Showtime posted a mini highlight of his Medina KO, since then hes been fighting OK fighters but hasnt had that breakthrough opponent yet.

Im really impressed with this guy. He seems to be skilled across the board and looks comfortable on the inside, outside and mid range. He's not a huge puncher but crisp, especially with the right hand. USes his feet well and stays defensively responsible. His stamina looks fine too.

Looking at TBRB for Jnr Middleweight he's at no.8 and above him weve got Martirosyan, Molina, Jermell Charlo, Bundrage, Trout, Lara and Saul Alvarez at no.1. Not sure why Andrade isnt ranked, maybe inactivity?

Obviously Alvarez is campaigning at super junior middle at the moment. Lara might be a step too far this early. But below that I'd love to see him fight any of the other guys. The Charlo twins are unlikely as Williams and the twins are with Haymon and I doubt he matches his prospects this early (though I dont agree with that stance).

That leaves Vanes, Molina, Bundrage or Trout which are all good fights. Maybe not the most exciting, but they are good tough fights to get him ready for the top.

I want to see them push this guy because I think he might be one of the best fighters coming through

Not trying to anoint him a future great already by the way. It will be much more difficult for him to look as skilled as he has against better opponents.

Also just below him on TBRB rankings, Michel Soro (who just beat Tapia) and Jermall Charlo are also good fights

Comment

He's asking for fights, but can't get fights within his own stable

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        He's asking for fights, but can't get fights within his own stable
        I saw him call out Trout post fight. Frustrating if he cant get at least a decent name in the ring this year. The fights shouldnt be difficult to make in house for Haymon

Comment

What the hell is going on here?

Comment

I actually used to be higher on him than I am now. I do think he's due for a step-up though and I'd love to see how he would do against someone like Vanes or even just someone like a Willie Nelson, at that level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
              I actually used to be higher on him than I am now. I do think he's due for a step-up though and I'd love to see how he would do against someone like Vanes or even just someone like a Willie Nelson, at that level.
              I thought he looked good earlier this month, although opponent was average at best. Need to see him in with better opponent

Comment

Yeah Williams is definitely the goods, he's a very complete fighter. Him and Andrade are great talents, hope to see them fight one day.

Trout or Vanes would be a real nice breakthrough fight for JRock.

Comment

He should fight Trout. I think he beats Trout up

Comment

He looks like a promising prospect so far. I think he would beat Trout and that would be a good step up fight for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X