Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB myth is that all the past ATGs fought everyone and its not the case at all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSB myth is that all the past ATGs fought everyone and its not the case at all

If a fighter has over 100 fights near 90% of their competition is bad to marginal

Today is a different era and fighters are being moved a bit faster and fight fewer fights because they get paid better than fighters of the past

Sugar Ray Robinson is considered by many to be the greatest fighter of all time and his resume and competition level is not even in the top ten. He also never faced a prime ATG at welterweight.At welterweight, the only great fighters he fought were Gavilan who was pre prime and Armstrong who was past it but still pretty good. Its not his fault, you can only fight who is available in your era and politics often get in the way, just as they do today.

He turned pro in 1940 and fought between 147-160 in an era that had the black murderers row like Aaron wade, Cocoa Kid, Holman Williams, Charley Burley, Eddie Booker, Bert Lytell etc.....him not facing those guys should not and does not take away from what he has done

Mayweather and Pacquiao has not fought yet but it is not the only big fight that did not happen.....None of the fab 4 fought Aaron Pryor, Michael Nunn, Sumbu Kalambay or Mike McCallum between 147-160 and all are still considered ATG'S....Trust me if they had to face all four, some if not all would come away with a lose

We have been lucky to see ATG like Roy Jones, Hopkins, Toney, Mayweather, and Pacquaio in our closing era....lets enjoy them while we have them and judge them for what they have done and not for what they have not done

I have been lucky to see ATG's like Roy Jones, Hopkins, Klitschko's, Toney, De la Hoya, and Pacquaio in this closing era.

Floyd ducked left and right his whole career, he gets no respect.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
      I have been lucky to see ATG's like Roy Jones, Hopkins, Klitschko's, Toney, De la Hoya, and Pacquaio in this closing era.

Floyd ducked left and right his whole career, he gets no respect.
      Bro even if you accuse Mayweather of ducking it doesn't change who he fought and the titles he won. Mayweather has defeated more champions than all of them not titlists but lineal champions, and only Manny is tied with him with the most lineal titles at 4.....if he ducked his whole career he wouldn't be where he is, won the titles he won, etc.

With your logic you must believe Jones ducked Michaelzewski, Benn, and Eubank

or De La Hoya ducked winky wright or Vernon Forrest

Comment

Old fighters do get undeserved credit, and all legendary fighters will always have a shade of mysticism coverering their legacy, which enchances their memory. All fighters should be respected.

On the same note, being able to witness boxing in the era of Manny and Floyd has been ambivalent. I've been able to witness some of the greatest battles, but also observed how boxing is able to transcend a man to king. These testemonies equals my sensation of boxing, at this point. In boxing, we have good years, we have bad years and we have ultimate years. The latter I've not completely exalted yet. I have never seen the two kings unfold, live.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
          Old fighters do get undeserved credit, and all legendary fighters will always have a shade of mysticism coverering their legacy, which enchances their memory. All fighters should be respected.

On the same note, being able to witness boxing in the era of Manny and Floyd has been ambivalent. I've been able to witness some of the greatest battles, but also observed how boxing is able to transcend a man to king. These testemonies equals my sensation of boxing, at this point. In boxing, we have good years, we have bad years and we have ultimate years. The latter I've not completely exalted yet. I have never seen the two kings unfold, live.
          ^^^^^^

deh right

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            If a fighter has over 100 fights near 90% of their competition is bad to marginal

Today is a different era and fighters are being moved a bit faster and fight fewer fights because they get paid better than fighters of the past

Sugar Ray Robinson is considered by many to be the greatest fighter of all time and his resume and competition level is not even in the top ten. He also never faced a prime ATG at welterweight.At welterweight, the only great fighters he fought were Gavilan who was pre prime and Armstrong who was past it but still pretty good. Its not his fault, you can only fight who is available in your era and politics often get in the way, just as they do today.

He turned pro in 1940 and fought between 147-160 in an era that had the black murderers row like Aaron wade, Cocoa Kid, Holman Williams, Charley Burley, Eddie Booker, Bert Lytell etc.....him not facing those guys should not and does not take away from what he has done

Mayweather and Pacquiao has not fought yet but it is not the only big fight that did not happen.....None of the fab 4 fought Aaron Pryor, Michael Nunn, Sumbu Kalambay or Mike McCallum between 147-160 and all are still considered ATG'S....Trust me if they had to face all four, some if not all would come away with a lose

We have been lucky to see ATG like Roy Jones, Hopkins, Toney, Mayweather, and Pacquaio in our closing era....lets enjoy them while we have them and judge them for what they have done and not for what they have not done
            Just because you don't know the names of the guys they fought, doesn't mean they weren't great at the time.

Comment

Lol f uck off man. Fab four fought the fab four four. Talking about Pryor when he was at 140 and the myth that Leonard ducked him has been debunked time and time again. "Michael Nunn, Sumbu Kalambay or Mike McCallum"....really?! Log off bro.

Comment

I dont recall any dominant fighters ever ducking and cherry picking to even nearly the extent of mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                  Just because you don't know the names of the guys they fought, doesn't mean they weren't great at the time.
                  I been in this sport for years....I take the time to actually watch fighters and form my own opinion and not piggyback off what other people say

Their records are online and their is footage, archives, etc. of almost anyone you would wanna see especially at heavyweight from 1910 til today

Maybe you don't know much about boxing bro

Its ok to do a little research and form your own opinion

Comment

Dudes got some of the most ******ed logic.

Newsflash... Nobody rates sugar ray Robinson because he had 200 fights. He's rated because of the great individual wins and performances.

**** is frustrating man. Like anyone in history ever said sugar ray Robinson beat 200 hall of famers. Smh.

Comment

Working...
                    X