Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people give Floyd credit for putting Garcia/Machine on the undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people give Floyd credit for putting Garcia/Machine on the undercard?

I just read Kevin Iole and Fat Dan giving props to Mayweather for giving his OK to put the fight on the undercard.
    Both guys are with GBP and the fight did at least add 100-150k in PPVs maybe even more. Thats another 8-11 Million Dollars minimum. The purses for both guys was around 2.5 M. So why would anybody give Floyd credit for allowing GBP to add that fight to the card when its obvious that it would add to his monster paycheck? There is a trend in the Boxing media and amongs these writers to ride Floyds dick on every occasion since Pacquaio got KTFO.

Because it's Floyd's PPV and ultimately it was up to him whether the fight got on the card or not. I think it was around the Cotto fight that ESPN did a magazine article showing just how much in control Floyd is dealing with all things related to his fights. You may want to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Because it's Floyd's PPV and ultimately it was up to him whether the fight got on the card or not. I think it was around the Cotto fight that ESPN did a magazine article showing just how much in control Floyd is dealing with all things related to his fights. You may want to check it out.
      Sounds like an interesting read. Got a link?

Comment

Working...
      X