Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto-Mayweather CombuBox Stats EXPOSED (By Precisepuncher)! (must see)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that guy who made the video is a complete wackjob. if you disagree with anything in his videos he starts going on rants against you then blocks you.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      excellent reminder... cotto lost that fight but was not outclassed... i don't care for compubox stats they should be compiled and compared independently post fight like the utube guy did.
      i agree, I have scored that fight three times, with three different scores

first time I watched it (live), 9-3 for Floyd. next two times was 8-4 Floyd, and I gave Floyd the benefit of the doubt in the close rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawkiller View Post
        Cotto clearly landed more than 8 punches in Round 6. Very flawed system. HBO are terribly biased towards there star man- whether it be Floyd or Manny. Good post. A change from the usual dribble posted. Keep up the good work
        it isn't just HBO, they're just the most blatantly obvious at being biased

they make their money feeding off the stupidity of casual fans

you can always tell who's a casual fan on these forums by their types of posts

"he's ducking him"

"he's a coward"

"he will get KTFO by ______"

these are the same types of fans who hide behind compubox because they don't know sh|t about boxing

Comment

Compubox isn't there as a scoring tool, the guy who invented and runs it says as much, he strongly advises AGAINST using it as a scoring system.

It's purely someone's opinion of what they see landing. I treat it as a fun point of debate, an interesting talking point but nothing more.

Anyone here anymore about the new technology they are introducing where there is some type of chip or something in the gloves which records the speed and psi each shot generates?

Comment

4, 11, 18, 20, 22 were not landed punches

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdJjSW2rH-Q
              Precisepuncher watched a round and counted the punches Cotto CLEARLY landed and then he shows the HBO compubox of that round which shows that Cotto only landed 8 punches (Round 6). The video shows in reality he landed around 3 times as many punches.
              I didn't make this video - all credit goes to Precisepuncher (from youtube)

Must see.

PS: I made a typing mistake (Compubox, not "Combubox")
              who cares like compubox decides the winner...

Comment

Compubox is compubox, don't put too much into it. They do that to everyone.

Comment

Well theres a reason why judges dont see those numbers. I also dont pay much attention to them.

Comment

I'm not usually one for internet campaigns and the like, but it would be a really good idea to flood HBO with complaints about Jim Lampley's incessant use of Compubox numbers during fights. It's absolutely ridiculous, every single round he shouts out the compubox stats like they are true picure of what happened in the previous round.

The dishonesty of it is incredible. It's as clear an example as you'll find of broadcasters deliberately misleading their viewers. And you can't argue that it's not deliberate because the wild inaccuracy of Compubox is blatantly obvious, it's not as if it has some hidden flaws that take a lot of effort to discover.

I understand the desire to present viewers with stats, as sportsfans have come to expect statistical breakdowns when they watch sport these days. But that doesn't excuse using a system that produces statistics that are clearly wrong.

If they want to use compubox to tell what the punch output was for a round then that's fine, as you can probably measure that to a high level of accuracy. But this 'connect percentage' bullshit has to go. It's a blatant lie.

Comment

They are simply an entertainment tool used by networks

Comment

Working...
                      X