No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Denies That He's Running From a Klitschko Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    The division is in a sad state of affair. Hopefully some of the young up and coming fighter will help rejuvenate it because it honestly can't get any worse. Thinking of Povetkin actually makes me look forward to Mercer-Holyfield.
    Why not put your energy in another weight division.. or another sport entirely?

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
      I get the feeling with some of these people that the idea is to debunk the Klitschko era by constantly denigrating the heavyweight division.

It's true that if I disliked something as much as they claim to dislike the HW division, I would move on and not think about it and talk about it all the time.

So there must be another agenda at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Ubermensch View Post
        You sound like you have an agenda re the heavyweight division. It's not the greatest it has ever been, but it's not as dire as you're saying either.

There's never any middle ground in these Internet forums. Everything is always 100% great or 100% horrible.

Life is not really like that most of the time, though.

There's some very good fighters in the HW division and there's been some good fights over the last couple of years. It's not like all the fights in the other divisions are always scintillilating either.

But when there's duff fights in the other divisions, the entire division in question doesn't get dumped on like the HW does in the same case.

Could the HW division be better? Of course. But that's usually the case with the heavyweight division throughout its history, with a couple of exceptions where the talent level was unusually high.
        I don't have an agenda against the division, it just is what it is. The only 2 wort a **** are the Klits. Adamek is no force. Haye beats one guy with less than 20 fights and 3 straight losses and shoots up to number 4. Chagaev hasn't beaten a decent fighter in 5 years and there are 3 fighters in the top 10 with less than 20 fights. This is all compounded by the fact most of the best do not fight one another in fear of losing a paper ranking (see Povetkin). There is some talent coming up and hopefully it pulls out of this trend.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
          Why would I when its so much fun showing you "the facts"?

Comment

I get the feeling with some of these people that the idea is to debunk the Klitschko era by constantly denigrating the heavyweight division.

It's true that if I disliked something as much as they claim to dislike the HW division, I would move on and not think about it and talk about it all the time.

So there must be another agenda at work.
            I don't dislike the heavyweight division, only the state of it for the reasons I named.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              I don't have an agenda against the division, it just is what it is. The only 2 wort a **** are the Klits. Adamek is no force. Haye beats one guy with less than 20 fights and 3 straight losses and shoots up to number 4. Chagaev hasn't beaten a decent fighter in 5 years and there are 3 fighters in the top 10 with less than 20 fights. This is all compounded by the fact most of the best do not fight one another in fear of losing a paper ranking (see Povetkin). There is some talent coming up and hopefully it pulls out of this trend.
              I think out of Pulev, Boytsov, Price, Haye (if he decides to quit playing games), Fury, Mago, Mitchell and Wilder, a least a couple of those guys will do something big in the division.

I thought Huck rather handily beat Povetkin and don't rate Povetkin highly at all.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the above mix it up. You see the glass as half empty, I prefer to see it as half full.
              Last edited by Der_Ubermensch; 07-28-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                Povetkin is at his best and it ain't good enough. Wlad would knock him out inside 6 rounds. He knows it and the whole world knows it.
                Wlad COULD knock him out even earlier but will probably let him ride for 8 or 9.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydogwood
                  Why get KO's by a Klit. Fight the bums and make some money save the face and the embarrassment of a huge loss. Povetkin should fight Haye though.

Hey would probably KO him. Povetkin is a slow plodder with no real power.

Comment

I think out of Pulev, Boytsov, Price, Haye (if he decides to quit playing games), Fury, Mago, Mitchell and Wilder, a least a couple of those guys will do something big in the division.

I thought Huck rather handily beat Povetkin and don't rate Povetkin highly at all.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the above mix it up. You see the glass as half empty, I prefer to see it as half full.
                    This is where you're mistaken about me. I'm optimistic about the future, but I'm also realistic of the present.

Comment

He knows Wlad will knock his little ass out. He might call out Wlad when Wlad is like 40 something

Comment

Working...
                      X