Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Loeffler: "I have a good relationship w/ Haymon, fight only took 1 week to make"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Loeffler: "I have a good relationship w/ Haymon, fight only took 1 week to make"

This is pretty good news, especially if GGG can't secure the Canelo fight. Haymon has some good MW's in his stable, including Danny Jacobs who destroyed Peter Quillin last year. Jacobs has expressed interest in fighting Golovkin quite a few times in the past, I wonder if Team GGG will pursue him for their next fight. Much better than fighting another Wade.

At best Jacobs appears to be Loeffler's 3rd choice in mind. I have no doubt that they'd prefer Canelo or Saunders if they can make the fights.

But GGG-Jacobs is a great fight and it's good that Loeffler seems confident in his ability to work with Haymon to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      At best Jacobs appears to be Loeffler's 3rd choice in mind. I have no doubt that they'd prefer Canelo or Saunders if they can make the fights.

But GGG-Jacobs is a great fight and it's good that Loeffler seems confident in his ability to work with Haymon to make it happen.
      I know some people are going to come into this thread claiming that Jacobs is terrified and will duck GGG but I don't think that's the case. Now if someone had said Quillin, then I would have believed it. He showed signs in the past that made it look like he didn't want to fight Golovkin. Jacobs is a whole nother animal though. I hope we get that fight.

Comment

I'd like to see this fight if the Canelo fight doesn't happen.

The problem with this fight is that it's really a no win situation for GGG in a way, but that will be the case with most fights now. He could knock Jacobs out in a round and everyone will just say "he's chinny anyway, Pirog already smashed him".

Still, outside of Canelo, this is one of the best Middleweight fights that could be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
          This is pretty good news, especially if GGG can't secure the Canelo fight. Haymon has some good MW's in his stable, including Danny Jacobs who destroyed Peter Quillin last year. Jacobs has expressed interest in fighting Golovkin quite a few times in the past, I wonder if Team GGG will pursue him for their next fight. Much better than fighting another Wade.

Yeah. Hopefully. Although Jacobs seems to have gone pretty quiet on the GGG front (in fact neither side has expressed any interest at all - so I ain't just putting it on Jacobs) since the Quillin win. With luck the WBA will stay true to their word and enforce this one if (when) the Canelo fight falls through. It also leaves open the possibility for a Lara fight, though I can't see why that'd be particularly high on GGGs list of priorities.

And yeah, much better than Wade, of course, but it's not like team GGG actually chose Wade now, is it?

Actually, far more interesting to me is the possibilities this opens up at 168. As far as I'm concerned there is only 3 worthwhile fights left for GGG at 160: - Canelo, Saunders and Jacobs, and I seriously doubt the Canelo fight's gonna happen in any reasonable timeframe, so that's possibly only two fights and then I'd be pretty disappointed of Golovkin didn't at least test the waters at SMW. And given that 168 is pretty much dominated by Haymon fighters Loeffler better be able to negotiate with Uncle Al, else GGG might as well stay at 160.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 04-28-2016, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post

Let's go for this fight.

2 cool guys and awesome punchers, both can box, I would favor GGG's chin in this fight.

Comment

So you're really ok with GGG vs Jacobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                So you're really ok with GGG vs Jacobs?
                What's wrong with it exactly?

Comment

Jacobs is not even the same fighter as he was when he fought Pirog. Jacobs should have trainers like Vargas that can neutralize pressure fighters. I think however this time around Jacobs has come up with some new ring strategies. Speaking of which, looking forward to Quillin's return with a solid come back fight and a win. Bring the 160 division even stronger with more bout matchup options from former or current champs.

Comment

They paid an unknown bum 500,000 dollars, of course it only took a week...when Jacobs asks for $4 million let's see how long it takes...

Comment

Working...
                    X