Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

years from now who ( all in prime ) will rank higher p4p RJJ, Bhop, Floyd, Manny ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Pac
    2. Floyd
    3. RJJ* tested positive for peds
    4. Bhop

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      everyone will just put their favorite fighter 1st and the one they hate last
      Larry you scared May aint gonna get many votes? LOL

I'd say Hopkins, Manny, Floyd and then RJJ

And I hate Floyd so that puts your theory to rest

Comment

1. pac

2. floyd

3. roy

4. bhop

pac will be more beloved, remembered.

floyd hurt himself with his over the top cherrypicking.

roy unfortunately hurt himself by not going to arum or king. they could have built up his opponents for him. and built him a better legacy. sad but his resume is weak for an atg even though he never ducked anyone.

4. bhop overrated. wow you beat up atg welerweights. bhop's peds to keep him competitive at old age is impressive though.

Comment

In their prime this order
          Floyd
          Rjj
          Bhop
          Pac
          You could probably switch the last 2

Comment

RJJ is in first place...prime Jones was simply untouchable.

Arrange the other 3 however you like, it's fair enough either way. I'd personally have it as Mayweather, Hopkins, Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              RJJ is in first place...prime Jones was simply untouchable.

Arrange the other 3 however you like, it's fair enough either way. I'd personally have it as Mayweather, Hopkins, Pac.
              I agree, prime JOnes was far more physically gifted than the other 3 but he didn't have the technical proficiency of any of those three or the legacy that Manny has or Bhop has and to a lesser extent Floyd.

Comment

Manny and I don't think there's anything that can change that now unless the Pac-May fight happens.

Comment

On a side note*

Roy at his best was heads above anyone on this list. I rank him second behind Pacquiao as far as legacy seeing as how he went from being a Jr. Middleweight to winning a heavyweight title from a guy over 30 lbs heavier and also beating four or so other greats in his era.

Comment

this is a best fighter ranking not a most beloved fighter ranking like many are twisting it into

Roy
                    Floyd
                    Bernard
                    manny

Comment

Bernard Hopkins. His career took place in 4 different decades. He is 800 years old and is a top contender at light heavyweight.

He ruled the 160 division forever. Almost all of his losses or draws were incredibly close. The Jones loss was not close, but Roy had a decorated amateur background, as Hop didn't. The Dawson loss, bad clash of styles and Hop was 745 years old.

Bernard got better after losing. That's the true measure of a fighter. And if a fighter has never lost, then he just hasn't been fighting the best competition consistently enough.

Jones was ruined after losing, Floyd won't even challenge himself enough to the point where someone might come along to give him the opportunity to show his ability to overcome a loss.

Hop has been in a lot of fights that he was "supposed" to lose but came out on top.

But you say who WILL not who SHOULD. I personally am not a fan of Bernard Hopkins at all, but the man certainly has the resume and longevity that speaks for itself.

Maybe its just the ESPN body photo getting to me, because it seems I'm the only one to have voted for Hop. Not saying he is head and shoulders above the rest, but still my pick.
                      Last edited by RlCKY; 07-08-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X