Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Austin Trout Proposes Event To Help Japan Quake Victims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Austin Trout Proposes Event To Help Japan Quake Victims

Undefeated World Boxing Association super welterweight champion Austin Trout (22-0-0) is requesting a boxing night of champions to help raise money for the people of Japan. He is requesting that world champions Miguel Cotto, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, and Cornelius Kanine Bundrage all take part in the event. [Click Here To Read More]

Good on you and all but, he's obviously using this natural disaster as an opportunity to promote a possible PPV event including himself. How cute, he thinks he's people and wants to donate a percentage.
    "I am proposing a night of champions which would include Miguel Cotto, Saul Alvarez, Cornelius Bundrage, and me. It would be one night, four champions for a good cause. We can make it into a pay-per-view event and donate a percentage of the profit to the people of Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
      Good on you and all but, he's obviously using this natural disaster as an opportunity to promote a possible PPV event including himself. How cute, he thinks he's people and wants to donate a percentage.

don't be ******ed.......

Comment

Great idea. I would fully support it as long as I knew for sure exactly how much would go to Japan and have confirmation that it will actually reach the victims.

I think every PPV should donate a portion of the proceeds to charity, a local gym, or something of such.

Comment

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post

Yes, but he knows that it will be Cotto and Canelo who sell the show and he would be on the undercard and fighting for virtually no money! Have you done anything for the quake victimsz? No, you sit behind your keyboard and are trashing a fighter willing to put his life on the line to give people who need it money! You are a douche, man...

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
            Yes, but he knows that it will be Cotto and Canelo who sell the show and he would be on the undercard and fighting for virtually no money! Have you done anything for the quake victimsz? No, you sit behind your keyboard and are trashing a fighter willing to put his life on the line to give people who need it money! You are a douche, man...
            HAHA...funny. I guess the guy was just trying to say Comoooooon! Alot of ppl don't know who Trout is yet. The casual boxing fan Knows the name but dosen't even know what the guy looks like.

Its a good humanitarian idea but reeks a little of a publicity stunt.

Comment

funny how u don't c the japanese whining like them ppl @ haiti, katrina, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                Look, read the four names he gave for a "night of champions". They're the junior middleweight belt holders. To put it simply, I don't think he wants to be some silly undercard action, he wants this to be like a tournament. He's been calling out Cotto and Alvarez recently so what a perfect opportunity to get his name out there. And to top all that, he wants it to be PPV with "a percentage" given as donation. Right.

Don't make assumptions about what I've done for the quake victims. I actually know people there.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                  funny how u don't c the japanese whining like them ppl @ haiti, katrina, etc.
                  Just wait until it's you and your family ****in suffering from hunger. We'll see if you still have a big mouth then. There is a good chance most people will be suffering soon but idiots like you have no clue about what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                  X