No announcement yet.

Calzaghe v Roy Jones Or froch v Chavez Jnr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe v Roy Jones Or froch v Chavez Jnr

So its looking like froch may fight Chavez Junior in Las Vegas. So hypothetically if this fight went ahead it got me thinking.

Which is the better swansong statesside out of froch and calzaghe. On one hand Roy "i took peds in my prime" Jones is a so called legend in America. Some even consider him a ATF, and certainly a Modern Great. But when joe fought him many believed he was shot, coming off some bad losses.

On the Switch side from is fighting Chavez Junior. Now obviously not a ATG status that the ped man Roy is, but hes again a yuonger fighter. Hes only in his late 20's, hes the same height and reach as froch. He has a good record, and hes is arguebly a more relevant fighter than Roy was at the time. plus with his Dad being a Legend, brings in the numbers.

But chavez currently seems to be a butt of all jokes, does he prep well to be taken seriously???

So my question is, which match adds more to legacy in this stage of their careers, both are choosen pay offs, but which fight did you think is more of a gamble for the potential swasongs????

poll added

Comment

Calzaghe vs Jones was 50-50 votes on polls on this site. Roy just had a very impressive win vs Tito.

Chavez Jr is and always was a bum

Comment

Roy was beyond shot, it was a joke fight....yet he still dropped Slaps.

Chavez isn't great, but he is a huge guy at the weight with an iron chin and a style that will make for great viewing against Carl.

Froch's final fight (if it's Chavez), much like his entire career, beats Calzaghe's.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Chavez isn't great, but he is a huge guy at the weight with an iron chin and a style that will make for great viewing against Carl.

Froch's final fight (if it's Chavez), much like his entire career, beats Calzaghe's.

I bet you was one of the idiots who picked Roy though, if you was even a boxing fan back then.

Comment

Froch is not in the same league as Joe and shouldn't be compared to him. Not a Calzaghe fan but I don't get why people hate him, Top Top fighter. I honestly think he would've beaten ward

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
              Froch is not in the same league as Joe and shouldn't be compared to him. Not a Calzaghe fan but I don't get why people hate him, Top Top fighter. I honestly think he would've beaten ward
              ive not hated on anyone mate. Ive just asked a hypothetical question...

Comment

Good post.

Calzaghe's fight with Roy was a joke.
                Last edited by yoz; 06-05-2014, 05:02 PM.

Comment

oh ****ttttttttttt

Comment

Working...
                  X