No announcement yet.

Does Froch have ANY skillful traits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Froch have ANY skillful traits

Can i first say George groves imo will go on to be world champion, as hes very fast. i had Froch only up a round and can completely understand if anyone had it for groves by a couple. he was very skillful.

But Carl Froch is percieved to be "technically awful"

Is it possible you can win a medal at the World Amateur championships, and have a 88-8 Amateur record, British, common wealth champion, 4 times world champ, super 6 runner up, and top ten p4p whilst being completely woeful at boxing?

Does anyone think that fighting froch must be harder than it looks or is he the luckiest boxer ever???
    yes, hes underated
    59.38%
    no, hes lucky
    40.63%

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    Can i first say George groves imo will go on to be world champion, as hes very fast. i had Froch only up a round and can completely understand if anyone had it for groves by a couple. he was very skillful.

But Carl Froch is percieved to be "technically awful"

Is it possible you can win a medal at the World Amateur championships, and have a 88-8 Amateur record, British, common wealth champion, 4 times world champ, super 6 runner up, and top ten p4p whilst being completely woeful at boxing?

Does anyone think that fighting froch must be harder than it looks or is he the luckiest boxer ever???
    Froch is very skilled, only a fool would deny that.

Comment

Originally posted by HonestBoxingFan View Post
      Froch is very skilled, only a fool would deny that.

he does some things wrong, like running on square with some attacks. but i think thats more lazyness than poor technique. he must know thats wrong as the groves ko was wladimir klitscko esque...

Comment

u dont go on the run he has if u are not skilled. his main attribute is his chin and stamina though

Comment

He is all around skilled. He's just slow. That's his only glaring flaw and you notice it more than usual because of his hands down style.

Comment

There's a difference between technical and skill. Technically, Froch is awful. Hands low, brings the jab from the waist, wide winging punches, little defense besides distance and bringing his hands up.

He has solid skills despite it. There are a lot of fighters who are skilled but technically lacking.

Comment

He's not great technically. He throws insanely wide punches, he brings his jab from his hip, he squares up any time he throws a combo.

However he kind of just gets it. He's long and awkward and while he's not great defensively he has an excellent sense of distance...that's just an intangible thing that not everyone has. He also knows how to get his timing down as the fight goes on. If you time a wide right hand perfectly it doesn't matter quite as much if it's wide.

He's as mentally strong a fighter as I've seen in a long time. Intangible skills coupled with the kind of will he has (his chin is overrated dude gets hurt almost every fight) and his ability to think his way through the fight and just kind of figure it out (for lack of a better term) has made him a HOFer in my opinion.

Comment

Adam Booth summed him up - Froch is smarter than his style reveals.

Froch isn't quick and he can be out boxed but what he has in abundance is the attributes that you cannot teach. When most fighters weaken as fights progress, Froch gets stronger. He would thrive in the old 15-rounders.

Comment

All I know is, I can't stand to watch him fight. He's so awkward and slow. He's the exact opposite of what I look for in a fighter. That being lacking good defence, reflexes, speed, etc.

Still, the guy has had a lot of success and finds a way to win despite his shortcomings and deserves respect.

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
                    Adam Booth summed him up - Froch is smarter than his style reveals.

Froch isn't quick and he can be out boxed but what he has in abundance is the attributes that you cannot teach. When most fighters weaken as fights progress, Froch gets stronger. He would thrive in the old 15-rounders.
                    yea true...

Comment

Working...
                    X