Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josesito Lopez Fires: Victor Ortiz Has No Heart!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    It isn't. People do far crazier things risking life and limb for a lot of money.
    They wouldn't bother for 200 dollars. Look at all those crab fishermen and shark wranglers and crazy ass jobs people do because they pay well.

Ortiz value drops with this loss. So he goes from 2 mil or whatever to much less.

I agree no amount of money is worth physical damage but people don't always think that way. They think they will survive and get the money so they take the risk.

I personally wouldn't fight with a broken jaw, but if you asked someone if they would take 200k and quit or 2 million and keep going, I bet a lot of them would have tried to keep going.

I am explaining the mentalitiy, not condoning it.
    I gotcha, I just think 1 mill means less to Ortiz than it means to me and many of us on this forum. Like you, I also wouldn't fight with a broken jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Flamenco View Post
      His jaw was broken during round 9

Pay me a million dollar pay day my next fight just to last 3 more rounds and I would do it
      Would you do it for what you make now in one day?

For someone that is already a millionaire, 1 extra million is not that enticing.

Comment

Lopez is right, Victor is not made for championship boxing, the guy fouls and then gets beat up, then quits. Sonny Liston finished a fight with a broken jaw even though he lost, Ali fought Norton with a broken jaw, even Arthur Abraham fought back against Maranda. He is not going to compete at the top level, quiting when things get tough.

Comment

I give mad props to Lopez he was their to win and he pulled the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
            Would you do it for what you make now in one day?

For someone that is already a millionaire, 1 extra million is not that enticing.
            The reality is that once Victor's jaw got broken, the fight with Canelo went out the window with the date being so close. The way Victor seems to think he probalbly said f@%k it what's the point in continuing. I still wish him a good recovery and much sucess going forward. Big props to Lopez, he made the fight and showed a true warriors mentality.

Comment

Working...
            X