Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intentional slams, throws, and tackles should = DQ!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intentional slams, throws, and tackles should = DQ!

If not an instant DQ, at the least there should be an immediate point deduction. I know Eddie Chambers was trying to prove a point about Klitschko leaning on him, but that bodyslam was disgraceful (though still funny). The ref barely even mentioned the infraction to Chambers. Miguel Cotto tossing Clottey also comes to mind. Fighters could pop a shoulder, a knee, a back or anything after something like that. It's unfair for one fighter to be normal and the other injured off such a violation, and the fight to continue on otherwise even terms. If that's how they want to play, I hear the UFC is currently accepting applications. Agree or disagree?

To be honest Wlad ALWAYS clinches and leans ALL of his weight on his opponent to drain them of energy. He should be warned but he never gets warned and CONSTANTLY does it in EVERY fight. As soon as his opponent mounts and offense Wlad immediately grabs and leans his body weight on the guy. It's ridiculous honestly to see a 6'7 giant grabbing and holding on to a guy half his size because he's scared to get hit with a punch.

Comment

One thing is bending the rules, buut breakling them is a no no.

Comment

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
        To be honest Wlad ALWAYS clinches and leans ALL of his weight on his opponent to drain them of energy. He should be warned but he never gets warned and CONSTANTLY does it in EVERY fight. As soon as his opponent mounts and offense Wlad immediately grabs and leans his body weight on the guy. It's ridiculous honestly to see a 6'7 giant grabbing and holding on to a guy half his size because he's scared to get hit with a punch.
        Yeah excessive holding pisses me off too, and most refs aren't strict enough about it. Still, I think slamming a guy in retaliation is going too far.

Comment

Working...
        X