Golovkin vs Rubio peaked at 1.3 million viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Same.

This makes me wonder why the hell no one watched Golovkin/Geale, which was a more competitive fight on paper.
    It was during the summer and boxing ratings have always been lower in the summer. Plus Geale was an unknown Aussie to the majority of casual HBO boxing viewers, they probably didn't even remember him fight Barker on HBO.

With those two things said.... the ratings for that fight weren't that bad, IMO

Comment

Same.

This makes me wonder why the hell no one watched Golovkin/Geale, which was a more competitive fight on paper.
      Both fights went the same they tried for the 1st round and in the 2nd decided there's no need to feel his power to much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Not bad, i think its the highest rated fight this year
        Second highest, the first is still Chavez Jnr/vera, 1.39 million.

Numbers down all around

Comment

Same.

thanks to HBO hype machine he's probably the most popular HBO boxer not name manny.

Comment

Same.

July is just like that with TV ratings...people are out, on vacations, etc...not saying its impossible to get good ratings in the summer but it is very hit or miss and sometimes just unlucky.

Thats why new shows never premier in the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              Second highest, the first is still Chavez Jnr/vera, 1.39 million.

Numbers down all around
              Im not the best on boxing viewing numbers, but thats pretty shocking isnt it?

Comment

Same.

Mexican opponent maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Im not the best on boxing viewing numbers, but thats pretty shocking isnt it?
                  It's been on a decline over the years....shoot, Hopkins/Pascal II and Chavez/Rubio were doing close to 2 million and we were like hey... that's pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    July is just like that with TV ratings...people are out, on vacations, etc...not saying its impossible to get good ratings in the summer but it is very hit or miss and sometimes just unlucky.

Thats why new shows never premier in the Summer.
                    Yeah, but he fought Macklin on June 28 last year and did 1.1 million average, if I remember right.

Like others are saying, ratings have been bad this year for everyone.

Comment

Yeah, but he fought Macklin on June 28 last year and did 1.1 million average, if I remember right.

Like others are saying, ratings have been bad this year for everyone.
                      Yea... The highest rated is less than the third highest last year and Sho's highest rated barely cracked a million....only one show has done that this year

Comment

Working...
                      X