No announcement yet.

training on low calorie diet - finding it tough - need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training on low calorie diet - finding it tough - need help

just eating vegetables and free range eggs. occasionally some fruit after a workout. basically a paleo vegetarian diet.

how do you guys cope with training when you dont have the carb/starch/glycogen stores to use for energy?

any tricks and tips?

if theres been a thread like this , please link and mods, please delete this one.

You should have some carbs. It's all about moderation and reaching your goal slowly but surely. If it's too much or you're feeling drained, then you're killing yourself and going at too extreme of a pace.

Comment

For me training on low calorie intake is frustrating. I am there trying to weight train, gain weight. Instead I lose weight, and I am already lean. I came to the conclusion that I have to have some 3,000 calories a day to see any muscle gains. I have a fast metabolism+low calorie intake = no f-cking gains no matter how hard I work out. I am trying to eat like a dog, I gained 12lbs from January till now, but not muscle, I stopped working out, it's all fat I just started working out, I have 2 days working out.

I have to buy a weight gainer too, to supplement my diet. I want something with decent amount of calories-low calories from fat ratio, low cholesterol. ON's Serious Mass has 2 out of 3 of what I am looking for but 27% cholesterol is way too much for me, I already have a high cholesterol history, though it is good now. Mega Mass 2000 by Weider has 0% cholesterol, I have bought this before, it's really good, but low calorie at only 400.

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack your thread. Your title just made me rant because I also try to weight train on low calories and it is frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        For me training on low calorie intake is frustrating. I am there trying to weight train, gain weight. Instead I lose weight, and I am already lean. I came to the conclusion that I have to have some 3,000 calories a day to see any muscle gains. I have a fast metabolism+low calorie intake = no f-cking gains no matter how hard I work out. I am trying to eat like a dog, I gained 12lbs from January till now, but not muscle, I stopped working out, it's all fat I just started working out, I have 2 days working out.

I have to buy a weight gainer too, to supplement my diet. I want something with decent amount of calories-low calories from fat ratio, low cholesterol. ON's Serious Mass has 2 out of 3 of what I am looking for but 27% cholesterol is way too much for me, I already have a high cholesterol history, though it is good now. Mega Mass 2000 by Weider has 0% cholesterol, I have bought this before, it's really good, but low calorie at only 400.

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack your thread. Your title just made me rant because I also try to weight train on low calories and it is frustrating.
        I have used ON gainers with good results Kev, sure you will put on a little flab with them but you will see good muscle gains and can always cut later to see what kind of actual muscle gains you made. Build it up and strip the fat down also use whole milk not water to mix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          I have used ON gainers with good results Kev, sure you will put on a little flab with them but you will see good muscle gains and can always cut later to see what kind of actual muscle gains you made. Build it up and strip the fat down also use whole milk not water to mix it.
          Serious Mass looks good, it's just the 27% cholesterol scares me away. I would like to try it though, but it's not something i'd use long term.

Comment

Serious Mass looks good, it's just the 27% cholesterol scares me away. I would like to try it though, but it's not something i'd use long term.
            There is this anabolic mass gainer I am using now, tastes awful but has all kinds of other peds in it, pretty effective stuff, with whole milk a 2 cup serving of these gainers is like 1000 calories its makes a difference over a few weeks/months.

Comment

i was under the impression that its a good thing to get cholestrol from healthy fats sources such as egg yolks because to "keep necessary cholesterol and function properly, the liver produces more cholesterol when you don’t eat enough of it, and when you are getting enough from your diet, you liver produces less!"

Comment

More recent research shows that the positive cholesterol can 'go bad' and can also cause arteriosclerosis. From what i understand of it, it is not currently known which sources turn bad and which don't. Anyway it could be that eggs and the supplement described above contain only the good variant. What i'd like to point out however is that it's not known at this time. Here's the link to a report on the research.

http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/i...be_bad_fo.html

As for your problem with energy. You say you eat fruit after a workout. Have you tried to also eat fruit right before your workout? As far as I know fruits like apples and bananas are quick carbs that give you energy pretty quickly for a moderate ammount of time. It might help a bit. I'm no expert on the matter though, but you could try it.

Comment

Working...
                X