Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roy Jones Jr the greatest P4P fighter of all time better than sugar ray leonard ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Roy is better boxer than Leonard. But I think that Leonard have better resume. Bouth are of my favorites fighters

Comment

I guess they waited for me to wake up!!.......greatest==Sugar Ray Robinson!!!

Both Roy and Ray Leonard were very talented boxers who fought at a very high level but there are a number of ATG fighters that exceed their accomplishments!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Roy Jones is the most gifted fighter I've ever seen and at his best the most unbeatable fighter I've ever seen. But, he's not close to being the greatest fighter ever.

I'd second this! For sheer talent, I've never seen anyone quite like Roy Jones Jnr.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Or the greatest Charles.
          Touche. Ezzard is indeed the greater Charles.

I would pick Ray Charles Leonard over Ray Charles in a boxing match though.

Comment

Roy Jones is the most gifted fighter I've ever seen and at his best the most unbeatable fighter I've ever seen. But, he's not close to being the greatest fighter ever.
            No no no. How on earth can you use the "u" word given the pedestrian competition he faced?

I would be very comfortable picking a very few fighters to beat him at every weight that he competed at... other than MAYBE at 168, but even there I can see some great fighters beating him.

He was visually sensational, but there were flaws there that his extreme atleticsism covered. I believe that elite ATGs could solve his puzzle, particularly in a 15 rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              No no no. How on earth can you use the "u" word given the pedestrian competition he faced?

I would be very comfortable picking a very few fighters to beat him at every weight that he competed at... other than MAYBE at 168, but even there I can see some great fighters beating him.

He was visually sensational, but there were flaws there that his extreme atleticsism covered. I believe that elite ATGs could solve his puzzle, particularly in a 15 rounder.
              I'm not even a Roy Jones fan. Watching him, however......his blend of speed, power, and unorthodox-ness makes it difficult for me to envision anyone 168lbs and below finding a way to defeat him.

Comment

I'm not even a Roy Jones fan. Watching him, however......his blend of speed, power, and unorthodox-ness makes it difficult for me to envision anyone 168lbs and below finding a way to defeat him.
                You can't envision a Robinson beating him? Or a Charles?

Comment

Charles at 168-175? Maybe. Robinson at 160? Nope.

Both were greater than he was, but that's due to their accomplishments. Head-to-head I don't see either beating him at his peak.

Comment

If Roys wassnet soo focued on putting on a show, he would be miles ahead of every other boxer that ever lived.

In some ways his natural talent and extreme fysic got in way of his development as a fighter, and in the end it became his downfall

Comment

no, i can't.

Comment

Working...
                      X