Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Khan a Tougher fight for Mayweather than Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference is that Pac beats him while Khan runs back to his daddy with his whiny chin chin..lol

Comment

hell ****ing no....

Comment

lol man, I just cannot understand why people are hell bent on Khan being some great fighter.........I don't even care about this topic anymore, let people believe Amir Khan is the nest p4p superstar.

Floyd outclasses and most likely stops Khan, there's nothing that says otherwise. Against Manny, I see Floyd winning a close UD with Pacquiao putting up a good effort.

Comment

Originally posted by 1dcsailor View Post
          At this point no. He a lesser and green version of Pac. Khan be waaaay off balance when he throw his combinations. Manny has much better balance, speed, footwork, and power. I think if you give Mayweather more time to age and Khan get some more legit wins under his belt then he could in the future give Mayweather problems.
          Good breakdown. Manny does have better balance, and maybe Khan is still too green. I know he needs to get some inside game, but none of Roach's fighters are good inside fighters, including Pacquiao, so I think the only way Khan improves that is to either leave Roach or get a reputatble co-trainer to focus on inside work.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            lol man, I just cannot understand why people are hell bent on Khan being some great fighter.........I don't even care about this topic anymore, let people believe Amir Khan is the nest p4p superstar.

Floyd outclasses and most likely stops Khan, there's nothing that says otherwise. Against Manny, I see Floyd winning a close UD with Pacquiao putting up a good effort.
            It's been said quite a few times by Steward, Tarver, Jones and a number of others that you need a good jab to be effective against Mayweather. Cotto showed some effectiveness, as did Castillo and of course De La Hoya.

Khan has a very good, fast jab already and I remember an interview with Jones Jr saying that Khan is the one guy who could give Mayweather problems. And that's coming from Roy, only a few months ago, after the Peterson fight but before it was discovered Peterson was cheating in the fight too.

Comment

Pac easy...

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

I totally agree with this post...

Comment

Pac possess more inborn abilities and experiences than Khan essential to beat Floyd.

Pac has

chin
                  power
                  unbreakable will to win
                  a southpaw
                  relentless
                  punches from odd angles
                  fought bigger opponents
                  superman aura in Floyd's mind
                  and many more.

The only similarities between Pac and Khan are their speed and trainer. In term of skills, Floyd fought better skilled fighters than Khan skills wise.
                  Last edited by straightleft; 05-20-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    Pac possess more inborn abilities and experiences than Khan essential to beat Floyd.

Pac has

chin
                    power
                    unbreakable will to win
                    a southpaw
                    relentless
                    punches from odd angles
                    fought bigger opponents
                    superman aura in Floyd's mind
                    and many more.

The only similarities between Pac and Khan are their speed and trainer. In term of skills, Floyd fought better skilled fighters than Khan skills wise.
                    Pac couldnt catch an over the hill Mosley that couldnt pull the trigger and then robbed JMM and only fights bigger guys after draining them , Floyd will out class Pac easier than he out classed JMM , Pac is a WW hype job that MUST have CWs and special conditions to win at WW , he ducked Cotto at 154 and went and took an in house JW , typical that Pac always got to have some advantage , poor Tim gunna get robbed like JMM did .

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                      It's been said quite a few times by Steward, Tarver, Jones and a number of others that you need a good jab to be effective against Mayweather. Cotto showed some effectiveness, as did Castillo and of course De La Hoya.

Khan has a very good, fast jab already and I remember an interview with Jones Jr saying that Khan is the one guy who could give Mayweather problems. And that's coming from Roy, only a few months ago, after the Peterson fight but before it was discovered Peterson was cheating in the fight too.
                      It's not as simple as just having a good jab to bother Floyd, and by the way I don't feel that Khan has that great of a jab, it's good but nothing Floyd hasn't already seen better versions of. Those fighters you mentioned also had size in their favor, along with a sustained body attack to push Floyd on the ropes. Those fighters could also fight on the inside, something Khan can't do to save his life. Can you really see Khan pushing Floyd against the ropes and out muscling him? Khan has speed early on but Floyd will counter over his jab and block his right (Khan is notorious for his amateur style 1-2s), I think Mayweather will have Khan totally figured out by the 3rd of 4th round.

Comment

Working...
                      X