No announcement yet.

thrillia in manilla

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thrillia in manilla

that doc. was great.... it really made ali look like a dick! love hbo documentaries.......

Yup it's good to see a documentary about Ali-Frazier not all about sucking Ali's Dick.. It actually showed Ali as a jerk which is nice for a change.. 10/10

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
      Yup it's good to see a documentary about Ali-Frazier not all about sucking Ali's Dick.. It actually showed Ali as a jerk which is nice for a change.. 10/10
      I don't know what you got out of it but I didn't get the same thing. I mean, Ali is still the good guy in all of this because bottom line, he was just promoting the fight.

Worse things have been said in other fights and I think Frazier making fun of the fact that Ali has Parkinsons shows he's a classless piece of ****.

One thing is to think you won, or have certian feelings about the fight but another is to harbor ill will for Ali after all these years.

It shows that even though Ali is the way he is, Frazier is much worse off. He's a bitter old man that can't let go of the fact that Ali was the better fighter and the best HW in the history of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
        I don't know what you got out of it but I didn't get the same thing. I mean, Ali is still the good guy in all of this because bottom line, he was just promoting the fight.

Worse things have been said in other fights and I think Frazier making fun of the fact that Ali has Parkinsons shows he's a classless piece of ****.

One thing is to think you won, or have certian feelings about the fight but another is to harbor ill will for Ali after all these years.

It shows that even though Ali is the way he is, Frazier is much worse off. He's a bitter old man that can't let go of the fact that Ali was the better fighter and the best HW in the history of the game.
        cosign................

Comment

It's a shame that there are no more, such charismatic boxers like Ali was. Now we have the boring Klitschko brothers and the puffy Valuev.

Comment

Come on... I mean, I totally see what you are saying but when Ali was broke and hated by the public it was Frazier who lent Ali money to feed his family.. When Ali wasn't the big news anymore it was Frazier who teamed up with him to help him get his license back.. And then Ali gets his license and repays Frazier by calling him ''uncle tom'' .. He might aswell have called him a house nigger.. That's not what you do to a friend who've helped you out like Frazier did.

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
              Come on... I mean, I totally see what you are saying but when Ali was broke and hated by the public it was Frazier who lent Ali money to feed his family.. When Ali wasn't the big news anymore it was Frazier who teamed up with him to help him get his license back.. And then Ali gets his license and repays Frazier by calling him ''uncle tom'' .. He might aswell have called him a house nigger.. That's not what you do to a friend who've helped you out like Frazier did.
              Dude, he apologized for it immediatly after the fight and said it was just to promote the fight. What else you want him to do, suk Fraziers ***?

Much worse things have been said in fights. I mean Hopkins throwing down the PR flag, Camacho talking about JCC family and country.......

Frazier is just mad because Ali is remembered the way he is and people only remember Frazier as the man who lost against Ali in the Thrilla in Manilla...

Frazier is a sumbag, plain and simple. To take pride and say things like "I did that to him" when he sees Ali, is beyond low.

Comment

Dude, he apologized for it immediatly after the fight and said it was just to promote the fight. What else you want him to do, suk Fraziers ***?

Much worse things have been said in fights. I mean Hopkins throwing down the PR flag, Camacho talking about JCC family and country.......

Frazier is just mad because Ali is remembered the way he is and people only remember Frazier as the man who lost against Ali in the Thrilla in Manilla...

Frazier is a sumbag, plain and simple. To take pride and say things like "I did that to him" when he sees Ali, is beyond low.
                Only reason he apologiesed was because he was humbled after nearly dying in the ring. I know much worse thing have been said .. Mayorga said some crazy **** to DLH but you must remember the Era it was said it.. At that time you didn't trashtalk like you do today and not in a critical time like when they were fighting.. Blacks were fighting like crazy to gain equality and being called uncle tom, house ****** and ''the enemy'' by your own people .. Damn.. You don't think Ali comes of as a jerk by saying that to a friend?
                Last edited by -Blackout-; 04-13-2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

ALI was a dickhead. He's the greatest, but still a jerk. That's why Frazier hates ALI so much, cus he gave ALI money when he needed it and was still a jerk about it.

I didn't watch the Doc, but i know bout the thrilla. That fight is a part of Filipino History. LoL.

ALI is still dope, but i can see why hella people hate on him.

Round 2 of that fight was ridiculous.

Comment

It was a great Documentary that was made recently. That's what I liked about it, because I've watched old ones for many years.

My opinion still hasn't changed. The way things are now is very unfortunate. With Ali almost lifeless, and Frazier being eaten up inside with hatred. I know we all would absolutely love it if today both Frazier and Ali were healthy for their age and good friends.

Comment

Working...
                    X