No announcement yet.

Biggest hypejobs of this decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest hypejobs of this decade

I think Michael Grant has to be up there, along with Ricardo Williams and Amir Kahn. Who do you have?

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    I think Michael Grant has to be up there, along with Ricardo Williams and Amir Kahn. Who do you have?
    Jeff Lacy
    Khan
    Bautista
    JCC Jr (gets far too much attention considering her only fights bums)

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
      Jeff Lacy
      Khan
      Bautista
      JCC Jr (gets far too much attention considering her only fights bums)
      Vargas never delivered, Rahman failed to live up to his potential, Tua only beat bums and faded champs, DLH well he gets his own category of hype.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
        Vargas never delivered, Rahman failed to live up to his potential, Tua only beat bums and faded champs, DLH well he gets his own category of hype.
        You cant have De La Hoya in there.

How the hell can a 6 weight world champion be a hype job?

Comment

Miranda was a huge hype job until he lost whenever he stepped up in class.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            Miranda was a huge hype job until he lost whenever he stepped up in class.
            Don't be racist.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe hands down if i have to choose only one. The guy has two over 40 years of age has beens as the best he ever fought, and now he's an ATG. We haven't witnessed that since Rocky. Lacy is another case with Khan and many many others... Almost everyone who has 0 defeats and 20 plus fights. One single loss will throw you off the charts. Look at Ricky Hatton, can you imagine him not being p4p #1 had he beat Floyd Mayweather? Now compare him to Joe Calzaghe, Hatton has more fights, more wins, much more KO's against significantly better opposition weighting everything up, yet Joe Calzaghe is p4p #3 and Ricky is what, 10th? This is one of the things which is wrong with boxing. A non undefeated Joe Calzaghe wouldn't have half of the appeal and the p4p ranks seem more like a vanity showcase rather than an indicator of who's the best p4p fighter.

Comment

Don't be racist.
                How's that being a racist?

Comment

You cant have De La Hoya in there.

How the hell can a 6 weight world champion be a hype job?
                  DLH until the millenium beat an old JCC and Whitaker, but did beat good fighters like Quartey, Hernanez, etc. In this decade who's his biggest win? Sturm? Castillejo? Vargas? In the 90's he beat good fighters in this decade he's lived on hype. Overall he did well but not great in this decade I'm still waiting for him to beat a prime great his own size.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                    Joe Calzaghe hands down if i have to choose only one. The guy has two over 40 years of age has beens as the best he ever fought, and now he's an ATG. We haven't witnessed that since Rocky. Lacy is another case with Khan and many many others... Almost everyone who has 0 defeats and 20 plus fights. One single loss will throw you off the charts. Look at Ricky Hatton, can you imagine him not being p4p #1 had he beat Floyd Mayweather? Now compare him to Joe Calzaghe, Hatton has more fights, more wins, much more KO's against significantly better opposition weighting everything up, yet Joe Calzaghe is p4p #3 and Ricky is what, 10th? This is one of the things which is wrong with boxing. A non undefeated Joe Calzaghe wouldn't have half of the appeal and the p4p ranks seem more like a vanity showcase rather than an indicator of who's the best p4p fighter.
                    Roy was 39.

But I also can't stand Joe. Wins against old Eubanks, Hopkins and Jones, and overhyped Lacy and Kessler are not enough to get him all of this praise IMO. 40 odd fights and he's got less than 10 names that mean anything on his resume. So what if hes never been beat. That's what happens when you spend 10 years fighting B/C level fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X