No announcement yet.

Beta alanine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta alanine

Anyone have any experience with this? Does it make you gain weight/hold water?

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this? Does it make you gain weight/hold water?
    It inreases energy . Its a natural stimulant that inreases performance by making muscles fatigue less .Works best with high intensity training .Have used it on /off a good 8 years. Side effects are flushing skin and slight itching but that goes away relatively quick. You can mix it with any other thing as its a seperate substance that wont effect other ingredients . I would also recommend Agmatine sulfate for overall muscles strength/Muscle repair ....works great together.

Comment

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpt...ort-supplement

While many studies have highlighted the positive results of beta-alanine supplementation, several other investigations have shown no improvements. In the study of collegiate American football players already mentioned, Hoffman and colleagues (2008a) examined the effects of 30 days of beta-alanine supplementation (4.5 g/day) on anaerobic performance measures. Supplementation began three weeks before preseason football training camp and continued for an additional nine days during camp. Results showed a trend toward lower fatigue rates during 60 seconds of maximal exercise; however, three weeks of beta-alanine supplementation did not result in significant improvements in fatigue rates during high-intensity anaerobic exercise. Elsewhere, Kendrick and colleagues (2008) assessed whole-body muscular strength and changes in body composition after 10 weeks of beta-alanine supplementation at a dosage of 6.4 g/day. Participants included 26 healthy male Vietnamese physical education students who were not currently involved in any resistance training program. The authors reported no significant differences between the beta-alanine group and a placebo group in whole-body strength and body composition measures after 10 weeks of supplementation

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpt...ort-supplement

While many studies have highlighted the positive results of beta-alanine supplementation, several other investigations have shown no improvements. In the study of collegiate American football players already mentioned, Hoffman and colleagues (2008a) examined the effects of 30 days of beta-alanine supplementation (4.5 g/day) on anaerobic performance measures. Supplementation began three weeks before preseason football training camp and continued for an additional nine days during camp. Results showed a trend toward lower fatigue rates during 60 seconds of maximal exercise; however, three weeks of beta-alanine supplementation did not result in significant improvements in fatigue rates during high-intensity anaerobic exercise. Elsewhere, Kendrick and colleagues (2008) assessed whole-body muscular strength and changes in body composition after 10 weeks of beta-alanine supplementation at a dosage of 6.4 g/day. Participants included 26 healthy male Vietnamese physical education students who were not currently involved in any resistance training program. The authors reported no significant differences between the beta-alanine group and a placebo group in whole-body strength and body composition measures after 10 weeks of supplementation
        I can tell you first hand it works! It also doesnt build muscle so not sure why they would do a study on body compositions ? Its also mainly used for endurance in high intensity training short spurts of 2 /3 hours periods ,it doesnt need a loading phase it works practically instantly if you are really pumping the heart rate. A trained athlete would know it works not common subjects.Ican easily post 10 studies that say it works ,why bother its dumb.
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-22-2016, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Beautiful stuff. I cycle on/off every 2 months and, it's really obvious to me when I'm on it because my muscular endurance goes way up. Going 10 rounds on the heavy bag feels good and I hit hard the whole time. When I'm off it I have to do a hard round, a light round, repeat, etc. I'd say a good 25% difference. It does not make me stronger or more energetic. It just keeps my muscles going longer before they fatigue and maintains a good "pump" that feels nice as you're training.

I've used a TON of supps in the past, all the way up to hardcore stuff but beta alanine is the only workout/muscle type supp I bother with anymore because there are no considerable sides (other than some tingle as it enters your system) and it really helps.
          Been using it for 6 years or so.
          Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-22-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Yeah, like others on here, I'm a big fan of it. If I don't take it my muscles burn out after about 25 minutes. I can keep my reps at whatever range I like. I've done days without out it and I can only do 6 reps when I usually do 8-10 on it. Ive been using it long enough to say it's not a placebo effect. You can definitely feel the difference. It's also really helped since I've stopped taking creatine, it's allowed my muscles to hold up during a workout.

It's not as good as creatine in allowing you to maximize your output but it comes damn close. I personally stack it with agamite, l arginine, and an iced coffee for caffeine. That being said most pre-workouts contain it.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Yeah, like others on here, I'm a big fan of it. If I don't take it my muscles burn out after about 25 minutes. I can keep my reps at whatever range I like. I've done days without out it and I can only do 6 reps when I usually do 8-10 on it. Ive been using it long enough to say it's not a placebo effect. You can definitely feel the difference. It's also really helped since I've stopped taking creatine, it's allowed my muscles to hold up during a workout.

It's not as good as creatine in allowing you to maximize your output but it comes damn close. I personally stack it with agamite, l arginine, and an iced coffee for caffeine. That being said most pre-workouts contain it.

Thanks for the replies people. - I got it. My conditioning is good now I'm looking forward to seeing it getting taken to the next level! And yeah man but creatine holds water so to come close to it it's great! Thanks for the replies again!

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
                Thanks for the replies people. - I got it. My conditioning is good now I'm looking forward to seeing it getting taken to the next level! And yeah man but creatine holds water so to come close to it it's great! Thanks for the replies again!
                Yeah, exactly. That's why it's a good substitute for it in regards to muscle endurance. You can keep your reps up without bloating, allowing you to keep that angular athletic look in the face.

Comment

I just found out about it. Good stuff...doesnt do anything special really besides allow you to work longer. I am very sensitive to stimulants like caffiene, so this stuff is great for me I just need a little staying power every now and then

Comment

Agree with pretty much everything said here haha.

Never been a big supplement lover, but BA is great stuff. Your body basically breaks it down into a chemical that helps prevent the build-up of lactic acid in your muscles, hence increasing your endurance. Gave some to a friend of mine who wasn't too sure on it a couple of weeks ago and he went out and got some as soon as we left the gym

Comment

Working...
                    X