No announcement yet.

does Al Haymon really need PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
    Haymon needs his own television channel instead of having everybody fight on different networks, lol.
    he used to have hbo but was kicked off for mismatches, then he had showtime but wanted to try this silly pbc thing. now he's back on showtime because he's running out of money. shame that they are so desperate they let him back instead of letting him destroy himself but they are worried about ratings as well i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      he used to have hbo but was kicked off for mismatches, then he had showtime but wanted to try this silly pbc thing. now he's back on showtime because he's running out of money. shame that they are so desperate they let him back instead of letting him destroy himself but they are worried about ratings as well i suppose.

I don't see the point in having so many mismatches when he has so many top 10-20 fighters. It's bound to fail.

Comment

It's not good to have to many boxers in your stable....it gets to big to manage and it ends up a McDonald's of boxing....quantity over quality ..... The fighters think it's a good idea that there gonna get mega money but they don't really.....look at danny Garcia and how his career has stalled, Deontay wilder,Santa cruz,broner, the only person I know who has done well with haymon is mayweather...who else really is gonna be the next big thing...even thurman is going back...HBO like it or not knocks PBC and showtime out the water....they always have ..better build up and better coverage

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          It's a long game here; sit tight and enjoy the ride
          This is the bottom line, but you can still ***** about the ride I'd add doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            This is the bottom line, but you can still ***** about the ride I'd add doe.
            its not going to be a very long ride so at least that's good. the mismatch ride will soon be over or at least back on showtime. haymon did this for years and years on hbo. how long does it take to put on good fights? hundreds of years?

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
              I don't see the point in having so many mismatches when he has so many top 10-20 fighters. It's bound to fail.
              honestly i think it would fail any way because boxing just doesn't capture the publics imagination anymore and i think haymon knew it so that's why he's just getting as much money out of it as possible. its not even haymon's money so i expect to see him and his fighters fill their pockets for as long as possible and then when it collapses he will say oh well at least we are rich

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                It's not good to have to many boxers in your stable....it gets to big to manage and it ends up a McDonald's of boxing....quantity over quality ..... The fighters think it's a good idea that there gonna get mega money but they don't really.....look at danny Garcia and how his career has stalled, Deontay wilder,Santa cruz,broner, the only person I know who has done well with haymon is mayweather...who else really is gonna be the next big thing...even thurman is going back...HBO like it or not knocks PBC and showtime out the water....they always have ..better build up and better coverage
                Haymon has roughly 200 fighters.

35-40 of them get paid VERY well

the other 160?? ehhh, not so much.........

Comment

honestly i think it would fail any way because boxing just doesn't capture the publics imagination anymore and i think haymon knew it so that's why he's just getting as much money out of it as possible. its not even haymon's money so i expect to see him and his fighters fill their pockets for as long as possible and then when it collapses he will say oh well at least we are rich

He's giving all the networks the Showtime treatment. He's not going to put his top fighters in with each other until he absolutely has to. My patience is really wearing thin, this is all just a big waste of time.

Comment

boxing just doesn't capture the publics imagination anymore
                    Rightfully so. Boxing is a unorganized clusterf#ck of confusion & chaos.

I watch all major fights & most fights on TV (pass on some of the Spanish language ones) & I couldn't tell you who all the champions are off the dome nor do I care to know them. When thats what you are working under of course you're gonna drive the fans away.

Boxing will get more organized eventually & will have a resurgence. Count on it. Problem is at best its probably a decade away if Haymon is successful or worse case we'll all be 74yrs old or dead lol. Its too f#cking obvious that running boxing with one centralized power running things would be a far superior option for the overall good of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      Haymon has roughly 200 fighters.

35-40 of them get paid VERY well

the other 160?? ehhh, not so much.........
                      Only 20 percent then...but even if they do they don't make good fights...which in turn results in lack of desire to face the best....when you don't get competition in your division it kills your hunger.......I think the whole set up of PBC iwill fail sooner or later

Comment

Working...
                      X