Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter: Bernard Hopkins or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    I really dont think anyone who follows Boxing can say Floyd over Bhop. You'd have to be a complete moron to do so.
    I picked Mayweather. Let's be realistic - Hopkins gets an inordinate amount of praise for fighting at such an old age. Hopkins has beat some decent names but has so in ugly fashion and has had to resort to illegal tactics to win some of those fights. He also pulled a quit job against Chad Dawson several years ago, faking a back injury.

Floyd Mayweather on the other hand, has won most of his fights in decisive fashion. He's dominated his opponents and has fought top opposition albeit occasionally cherry picked. Floyd Mayweather has more boxing talent and skill than does Bernard Hopkins. Mayweather always has a incredible desire to win everytime he fights whereas Bernard is not always concerned about winning

When all's said and done, Mayweather will be remembered as the better and more skilled fighter than Hopkins

Comment

I think it all depends on whether or not floyd fights pacquaio or not, because really this coward thing is directed towards floyd because he hasnt stepped in the ring with pacquaio, and floyd has fought and beat pretty much everyone there was to beat, minus 1 fighter..... bhop has fought everyone there was to fight and loss some..... if floyd retires without fighting pac, id say hopkins is greater then floyd. But this will always be a debateble touchy subject.
      Last edited by LouIE G; 11-09-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I would say the alien that likes to execute individuals.

Comment

Hopkins!

Hopkins didn't need to drain his opponents with catchweights, he didn't demand his opponents wear pillow gloves, and most importantly he never ducked anybody!

Comment

Floyd Mayweather is like an undefeated High school team with help from the refs to stay undefeated.Hopkins is like a NFL team with a 12 and 4 record that won the Super Bowl that's the difference between these 2

Comment

BHop and its not even close

BHop has done things the sport has never seen before

Meanwhile Floyd ducked Vivian Harris

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I picked Mayweather. Let's be realistic - Hopkins gets an inordinate amount of praise for fighting at such an old age. Hopkins has beat some decent names but has so in ugly fashion and has had to resort to illegal tactics to win some of those fights. He also pulled a quit job against Chad Dawson several years ago, faking a back injury.

Floyd Mayweather on the other hand, has won most of his fights in decisive fashion. He's dominated his opponents and has fought top opposition albeit occasionally cherry picked. Floyd Mayweather has more boxing talent and skill than does Bernard Hopkins. Mayweather always has a incredible desire to win everytime he fights whereas Bernard is not always concerned about winning

When all's said and done, Mayweather will be remembered as the better and more skilled fighter than Hopkins
                Do you think writing an Essay to Swede people into thinking Floyd is better really worked ? Think not !

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

I can see your point and how a lot of people would also think that as well. Great point and views also. Realistically I know Bernard personally and i can not stand Floyd at all. With that aside I love comebacks. Guys who go down and come back. Like the Balboa quote when Rock was talking to his son on the sidewalk. To me fighting the best out there and going against the odds is superior. Ive never seen Floyd really do that. And its not because i think hes so great. I think its the quality of opponent. Or a show.
                  What others will remember...i cant say. Some think Floyd is the greatest ever. I dont. I do agree with "In ugly fashion" for Bernard. lol I comend him last night that he admitted it lol. he said, he spent years putting fans to sleep. Which is a big reason why i have to agree with your post and understand more after thinking about it. He was kinda boring to watch vs Floyd (despite shlt opposition) was more exciting to watch in comparing the two. Very valid point!
                  Im still rolling with bhop though lol

Comment

If I were to vote, it would be in favor of B-Hop, due to longevity and accomplishments.

That aside, this thread is more about solidifying unjustified, moronic hate than discussing realistically the two targets careers.

The silly ill thought out games guys play on the internet ... smdh!

Comment

Well Hopkins is pretty near the end of his road. Maybe one more fight with Stevenson, Froch or perhaps Chavez Jr. But Floyd could probably fight 5 more years if he wanted. Still in phenomenal shape and hasn't taken hardly any punishment in his career. So ask me again in 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X