No announcement yet.

How high do you rank Miguel Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    Juan manuel marquez is just a solid gatekeeper too, right?
    look, i think hes stupid too. cotto is obviously far from a gatekeeper, he is one of the best of his generation. but he isnt on par with JMM, you cant even compare them tbh. cotto had a great career but JMM is a living legend.

Comment

He is a good solid fighter but honestly imo he is not certified first ballot hall of famer

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
        So Arturo Gatti is HOF material but Cotto isn't?
        Gatti isnt in the Hall of Fame and if he does get in i think the fact that he died will help him,Cotto is not a 1st ballot hall of famer imo but if he got in i would not be upset

Comment

And why are people comparing Cotto to Jmm?

Comment

I don't rank him.

Comment

To those arguing about JMM and Cotto, I think JMM is better than Cotto but if they ever fought I don't know who would win. I think Cotto, at 147, might be too strong for Márquez. All in all, JMM is better P4P but Cotto might just beat him on size and strength.

Comment

Aside from his last lost, and that to Magarito... his other two losses were to the top tier fighters, and having said that, he made Mayweather bleed and gave him a good fight.

So yes, he is top 5... Marquez just one spot above him.

Classy athlete too.

Comment

:
                  Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  look, i think hes stupid too. cotto is obviously far from a gatekeeper, he is one of the best of his generation. but he isnt on par with JMM, you cant even compare them tbh. cotto had a great career but JMM is a living legend.
                  Look, i agree with you on marquez and all that, but since we are talking about 'legend'....why is he a legend? Because hes a tactician who has been in some wars, not always coming out on top when he faced the elites? And this doesnt apply to cotto?

'Legend' is a weird term, and subjective, but yes i believe marquez is a legend. And i also believe, like many other fighters and trainers, that cotto is a legend.

Im not trying to make anything out of comparing marquez and cotto. The guy just made the gatekeeper comment, and i looked at his sig...and voila
                  Last edited by ~AK49~; 12-07-2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

i wasn't impressed with cotto's recent performances, he was about to be tko'ed by margarito, luckily the ring side doctor stopped the fight (all thanks to pacquiao), mayweather was a more stationary target and cotto could not capitalize, trout out boxed cotto who was suppoed to be the better boxer. as it stands now, cotto does not belong in any top ten list

Comment

The margarito destroyer,

One of floyds daddy.

An elite of his generation

An undersized JMW who fought legit threats.

Comment

Working...
                      X