No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: Pongsaklek Wonjongkam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrubber View Post
    who is this kid? never heard of him put him back in grade school where he belongs. Looks like a ten year old can he be a jockey?
    Of course, you haven't. You phony fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrubber View Post
      who is this kid? never heard of him put him back in grade school where he belongs. Looks like a ten year old can he be a jockey?
      Shut your mouth, *****.

He's accomplished more than you will ever do in life.

Comment

Great analysis......Definite HOF, but not ATG. He should get his belt back from Jaro and then retire. He has nothing left to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          This was an incredible article.
          I agree, and personally i think Pongsaklek deserved some more attention for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I can't see how Wonjongkam can be considered for the HOF.

He has a good - above average resume at best.

I've been defending him on here for the last week or so with the idiots who haven't followed his career talking nonsense about him.

Hell, anyone I speak with regularly on here will tell you I've followed a large portion of Wonjongkam's career. It took him way too long to get on the P4P list and supported it 100% when he finally got on there.

But his resume is not even close to strong enough to be HOF. It's just not.

Inducting Wonjongkam because the likes of Mark Johnson have been inducted only furthers the problem. Then the inductees get weaker and weaker and weaker "Because he got in".

We have guys like Pone Kingpetch, Eddie Booker, Bert Lytell, Tiger Jones, etc the list goes on an on and on of genuine HOF calibur fighters who are yet to be inducted yet the HOF is being filled with fighters who have resume's that are really nothing special.
            It's really not. The number of 'bad' HOFers isn't that big and I've heard good arguments for most of them (i.e. Norton, Johannsen). Different people weigh different things. Wonjongkam wouldn't be a bad one though I think you make some strong points. My point was that he merits consideration. Being on the ballot will grant that.

He deserves to be on the ballot.

It's up to the voters from there. I'm not sure I'd vote for him (didn't vote for Johnson either), at least not right away.

Also, I think they should move the modern line to 1960. It would be far more fair to the Lytell's and Jeffra's
            Last edited by crold1; 03-08-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              excellent, excellent write up. and i agree with the conclusion.
              Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
              This was an incredible article.
              Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              That was a really nice summary about Wonjongkam.
              Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              I agree. Cliff definitely did his homework on this one.
              Originally posted by Tony B. View Post
              Great analysis......Definite HOF, but not ATG. He should get his belt back from Jaro and then retire. He has nothing left to prove.
              Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
              I agree, and personally i think Pongsaklek deserved some more attention for a while...
              Thank you very much to all of you. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Any suggestions on next? I'd like to do Sahaprom at some point in contrast and still no Marquez bros. Hmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post

Any suggestions on next? I'd like to do Sahaprom at some point in contrast and still no Marquez bros. Hmmmm...

How bout Michael Carbajal?

Olympic gold medalist, appealed to Mexicans and Americans, first popular guy in lower divisions in America in a long time.
                Would be interested in how you analyzed his career.
                He had some very good wins and some close losses.
                Last edited by jreckoning; 03-08-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  How bout Michael Carbajal?

Olympic gold medalist, appealed to Mexicans and Americans, first popular guy in lower divisions.
                  Would be interested in how you analyzed his career.
                  '
                  He's already in the Hall so I probably wouldn't go there. I did Frazier because of his passing; otherwise, I keep it more recent.

Then again...the 20th anniversary of Carbajal-Gonzalez is next year, probably my favorite fight ever...hmmm...

Comment

He's already in the Hall so I probably wouldn't go there. I did Frazier because of his passing; otherwise, I keep it more recent.

Then again...the 20th anniversary of Carbajal-Gonzalez is next year, probably my favorite fight ever...hmmm...

May have to wait a minute but I would vote Nishioka whose fought a lot of guys but isn't terribly well known.

Comment

Sahaprom is a good one too, but can't seem to get the Hasegawa fights out of my head.

Comment

Working...
                      X