Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao: THE END IS NEAR – Boxing’s Lifeline About to Disappear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why people say MMA is a big threat. Sure it's growing, but it's much cheaper for someone living in a poor country to train in a boxing gym than to train in several different disciplines (boxing/bjj/wrestling/kickboxing). Boxing will always maintain its global popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
      I don't understand why people say MMA is a big threat. Sure it's growing, but it's much cheaper for someone living in a poor country to train in a boxing gym than to train in several different disciplines (boxing/bjj/wrestling/kickboxing). Boxing will always maintain its global popularity.
      mma is a growing sport because it appeals to national pride the same way boxing does but in a different way.

For example russia can certainly be proud of producing great athletes like the klitschkos but its also a great source of pride that their native martial art which had been a central component of their culture for thousands of years had been proven dominant in mma.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Boxing has been here before Mayweather and Pacquiao and will continue to be here, sure all the nuthuggers will quit watching but truefans will continue watching.
        You've got it. I've always been fascinated with boxing, and I always will be. Floyd and Manny could both retire tomorrow and I'd still watch boxing.

Originally posted by datum View Post
        Casual boxing fans will be casual boxing fans. When the media tells them who the next big boxing star is they will latch on.

We still have guys like Ward, Froch, Bute at super middleweight. Saul Alvarez is surely the next big thing and there are a lot of other young prospects (Martirosyan, Chavez Jr.) that would set up big fights in the future.

Be optimistic.
        You're not even including all the guys in the lower divisions. Gamboa is extremely entertaining to watch, Donaire, Maybe G Russel, Mikey Garcia, Ortiz, Khan, and the list goes on.

Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
        the MMA fad will die

it looks like 2 men sucking each other off

its lame and pathetic and the UFC needs to die

MMA existed before boxing, you know why ppl wanted boxing- they wanted combat sport with fair play involved

watching a bum loser like borck lesnar- a trailer trash ghetto faggot with zero striking skills beat the **** out of frank mir (a cocksucker by all acounts- but one of the best technical fighters in MMA) showed how pathetic MMA is

boxing takes skill- real skill and ability

while boxing dies in america- everywhere else its booming- this is good because america is the fastest dying nation on earth because of obesity- of course they dont wanna watch 2 warriors fight- they wanna watch two talentless bums feel each other up
        MMA is here to stay, and boxing will have to get its act together more, but the audiences are a little different I'll admit. The goal is to get some of THOSE guys to start watching boxing. To do that we need better fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          Boxing has been here before Mayweather and Pacquiao and will continue to be here, sure all the nuthuggers will quit watching but truefans will continue watching.
          The truth right here. Boxing will be an important part of my life until the day I die. It will be sad to see the great fighters go, but more will surely come along.

Comment

Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
            the MMA fad will die

it looks like 2 men sucking each other off

its lame and pathetic and the UFC needs to die

MMA existed before boxing, you know why ppl wanted boxing- they wanted combat sport with fair play involved

watching a bum loser like borck lesnar- a trailer trash ghetto faggot with zero striking skills beat the **** out of frank mir (a cocksucker by all acounts- but one of the best technical fighters in MMA) showed how pathetic MMA is

boxing takes skill- real skill and ability

while boxing dies in america- everywhere else its booming- this is good because america is the fastest dying nation on earth because of obesity- of course they dont wanna watch 2 warriors fight- they wanna watch two talentless bums feel each other up
            You are ignorant. I never post but this will be my first one to educate you.

mmafighting.com/2011/08/03/bernard-hopkins-changes-tune-on-mma-showers-fighters-with-prais/

Comment

Originally posted by ablindwatchmakr View Post
              You're not even including all the guys in the lower divisions. Gamboa is extremely entertaining to watch, Donaire, Maybe G Russel, Mikey Garcia, Ortiz, Khan, and the list goes on.

Yes, I didn't list everyone. I'm excited as hell for Gamboa vs. Ponce de Leon. It might be an easy fight for Gamboa but who knows?

Boxing will always have a place.

Comment

Boxing can be shown in middle school gyms with only 35 people in attendence and I'ma still be a fan. The media has always said that boxing is dying or dead for DECADES and guess what? it's still here and gonna continue to be here. Ali left and in came Sugar Ray Leonard, Tyson left and De La Hoya took his place, Floyd and Pacquiao will leave and there's gonna be another star or stars there to rule boxing. Not saying that boxing depends on one person, because there are hundreds of boxers every generations that define boxing, but the media only looks at the big names and think that's the measure of boxing's success or decline. I could go on and on on this subject but I'm stop, the writer is an imbecile and clearly doesn't care or know a damn thing about boxing.

Comment

They said this when DLH left... And multiple other times with other stars. Dating back 100+ yrs.

Comment

Boxing is a very rich sport were some boxers are born, others are created by hype. Pacquiao was created by hype. Another Manny Pacquiao can be created.

Nonito Donaire was actually born to be a star, nobody had to create him. Donaire will take Fraudquiao's spot.

Comment

Originally posted by datum View Post
                      No way is Frank Mir even close to being one of the best technical strikers in MMA.

Both are very different sports and boxing is not going to die in the U.S.

technical fighter, not striker

he was maybe top 3 in the world for submissions

lesnar knew how to sit on someone and whale

Comment

Working...
                      X