No announcement yet.

Jesse James Leija: "It was Floyd who DUCKED Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse James Leija: "It was Floyd who DUCKED Pacquiao"

FightHype: What are your thoughts on Mayweather's stance on more stringent drug testing in boxing?

Leija: You know what? What they do now with the urine is sufficient. Pacquiao has never backed away from it. I think Pacquiao called Mayweather's bluff and Mayweather balked at it. Pacquiao said, "I will take the blood test a month before, 2 weeks before and after the fight. Other than that, I'm not doing it." And then Mayweather came back and said, "Well if he would have known it was that, he would have said okay." I think Pacquiao called his bluff and he didn't accept it. Pacquiao is an incredible fighter and I'm amazed at the way he's been doing it as well, but I don't think the guy is taking any type of drugs or anything like that. If he was on growth hormone, he would be a lot bigger than what he is now. When I was next to him, I was larger than him and I'm 5'5". I fought at 140 and I'm thicker than he is. He is just an incredible guy.

-----------------

To read the entire interview:

http://fighthype.com/pages/content7406.html
    Yes
    57.65%
    No
    36.47%
    Maybe
    5.88%

*****s can reply

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post

FightHype: What are your thoughts on Mayweather's stance on more stringent drug testing in boxing?

Leija: You know what? What they do now with the urine is sufficient. Pacquiao has never backed away from it. I think Pacquiao called Mayweather's bluff and Mayweather balked at it. Pacquiao said, "I will take the blood test a month before, 2 weeks before and after the fight. Other than that, I'm not doing it." And then Mayweather came back and said, "Well if he would have known it was that, he would have said okay." I think Pacquiao called his bluff and he didn't accept it. Pacquiao is an incredible fighter and I'm amazed at the way he's been doing it as well, but I don't think the guy is taking any type of drugs or anything like that. If he was on growth hormone, he would be a lot bigger than what he is now. When I was next to him, I was larger than him and I'm 5'5". I fought at 140 and I'm thicker than he is. He is just an incredible guy.

-----------------

To read the entire interview:

http://fighthype.com/pages/content7406.html

Thats great and all....but judging from his recollection of events he is misinformed. Pac never accepted a 14 day cut-off and if the cut-off was a bluff...well it really wasn't called now was it???

Comment

From everything that I have gathered. It seems like in the boxing industry it is 50-50 on who the blaming. Because, I think half of the people in the industry think Pac is on something an the other half don't.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
          Thats great and all....but judging from his recollection of events he is misinformed. Pac never accepted a 14 day cut-off and if the cut-off was a bluff...well it really wasn't called now was it???
          I kind of agree with misinformation, especially with the casual fans. They just don't have the time and interest to get the exact details.

I think most casual fans believe it's either Pac doesn't want to do ANY kind testing or Floyd is just blatantly ducking. No more, no less.

Comment

lol....this is like putting salt on *****s wounds.........

Comment

Im stopped reading after this.

Pacquiao said, "I will take the blood test a month before, 2 weeks before and after the fight. "

Pac never said that.

Nice try.

Comment

Epic fail james. Pac is on A-side meth. those drugs that make you bullet proof.

Comment

This argument got old like a month ago.

Let it go.

Theirs a great fight coming up on May 1st.

Until that fight is over and Pac is ready to re-negotiate I don't give a flying F#$k about who accepted what day cutoff or what Jessie thinks about the subject.

Comment

I honestly don't see how anyone can say Mayweather used this as a tactic to duck Pac. Claiming Pac isn't on anything is one thing, but pretending as if these test weren't included in the contract from the start is another thing entirely. If you're going to speak on it, at least be aware of what actually went on.

Comment

Working...
                    X