Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    do you believe this?
    I believe this case needs to be handled very carefully and all circumstances taken into consideration.. a thorough investigation.. from the link,

"We are very interested in clean sports. We are against doping. Extra tests will be performed. Several test samples were taken from Sasha [Povetkin]. One of them showed a meldonium blood content of seventy nanograms. And the sanctions begin at 1,000. After the tests, we will schedule a new date of the fight and will hope to conduct it. It's a pity it has to be delayed," Ryabinsky told a briefing on May 16.

He also said the promotion center Mir Boksa intends to prove that the presence of meldonium in Povetkin's blood is a residual effect from the drugs taken last year.

"WADA cannot make any official complaints about Povetkin. He had three clean doping tests before April 11 and he had a 'dirty' test on April 27. Even if Sasha had taken doping in that period, meldonium content in his blood would have been at least 1.5 micrograms, not the microscopic amount of seventy nanograms. It's a residual effect from last year, and we will prove it," Ryabinsky said.

Povetkin, for his part, told a press conference he is worried about the doping test result because he has not taken mildronat since last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      I believe this case needs to be handled very carefully and all circumstances taken into consideration.. a thorough investigation.. from the link,

"We are very interested in clean sports. We are against doping. Extra tests will be performed. Several test samples were taken from Sasha [Povetkin]. One of them showed a meldonium blood content of seventy nanograms. And the sanctions begin at 1,000. After the tests, we will schedule a new date of the fight and will hope to conduct it. It's a pity it has to be delayed," Ryabinsky told a briefing on May 16.

He also said the promotion center Mir Boksa intends to prove that the presence of meldonium in Povetkin's blood is a residual effect from the drugs taken last year.

"WADA cannot make any official complaints about Povetkin. He had three clean doping tests before April 11 and he had a 'dirty' test on April 27. Even if Sasha had taken doping in that period, meldonium content in his blood would have been at least 1.5 micrograms, not the microscopic amount of seventy nanograms. It's a residual effect from last year, and we will prove it," Ryabinsky said.

Povetkin, for his part, told a press conference he is worried about the doping test result because he has not taken mildronat since last year.
      why does it need to be handled carefully? Povetkin tested positive on a VADA test. That has always been enough. WHy do we have to do a thorough investigation now?

Comment

• Oh come on they're all on em.. Why you all surprised? Wilder will be juicing, he just hasn't got caught! Only way you gunna stamp it out is if the consequences are truly dire! Like a lifetime ban! People have been caught TWICE and still continue fighting & getting back in the rankings, it's a disgrace! Wilder may have dodged a bullet here anyway but saying that had he beaten Povetkin it would have been a huge stamp of authentication for him so he has definitely lost out! He's never going to get that Povetkin scalp now which is a major one (I suspect he was gunna get kayoed myself but..) His opposition is awful man! Povetkins career is pretty much ****ed now too.. Idiot.

Comment

• This sucks because it means Wilder will too be on the shelf for a little while. Pulev literally just fought so going down the WBC list there aren't a lot of options for a big fight.

Comment

why does it need to be handled carefully? Povetkin tested positive on a VADA test. That has always been enough. WHy do we have to do a thorough investigation now?
            What was 'found' was microscopic, literally. VADA already declared they will investigate this thoroughly too. The discrepancies at hand regarding these several test results from the previous month need to be analyzed properly. Evidently, Povetkin hasn't been 'doping' as such and as we know, meldonium has been widely used by Russian athletes and others for decades. Maria Sharapova was 'busted' for the same drug earlier this year if you remember, and she wasn't even aware of its illegality at that point in time.

Yes this is unprofessional from team Povetkin but surely a postponement of the fight should suffice until we know more.

Comment

What was 'found' was microscopic, literally. VADA already declared they will investigate this thoroughly too. The discrepancies at hand regarding these several test results from the previous month need to be analyzed properly. Evidently, Povetkin hasn't been 'doping' as such and as we know, meldonium has been widely used by Russian athletes and others for decades. Maria Sharapova was 'busted' for the same drug earlier this year if you remember, and she wasn't even aware of its illegality at that point in time.

Yes this is unprofessional from team Povetkin but surely a postponement of the fight should suffice until we know more.

We're supposed to believe Povetkin took this banned since Jan 2016 substance in late April, post the previous clear tests. Come on. This is a false positive and the fight must go ahead. If not sue them all.

Comment

Wait weltz. Up until this you never had any questions about the accuracy or validity of VADA testing. why are you suddenly being so sheepish?

Sharapova lied just like Povetkin. She didn't have a heart problem so please stop this.

Unprofessional is not making weight. This is CHEATING, plain and simple.

You are really compromising yourself here because this is Povetkin. I expected decent posters to be outraged same as they have when other fighters have tested positive using VADA. Instead, posters like you are asking for "investigation" as if VADA testing can't be trusted now.

Comment

• How is it cheating when he admitted using it up to September last year and was tested clear in April three times. You discount any chance of a false positive because you don't want Wilder to face anybody decent enough to wreck his glass chin.

Comment

Why do we suddenly need to wait? Then you say if the amount was small he was clean? Sorry dude, you can't be a little pregnant.

Now you want WADA to change the rules because VADA testing caught a Russian athlete cheating. NO wonder Kov didn't want to do VADA testing.

It's sad, but expected, that you take this stance. There are a lot of posters that have done the same. I guess you guys only want VADA when they catch non white boxers that use PED's.
                    Rofl. You're quoting a 3 day old post and taking it completely out of context. I said if it was a small amount he would be declared clean by VADA ruling of <1microgram.

Please re-read. Or rather, just don't quote old posts on page 15 that begin with 'We need more information' when there are 50 more pages of information.

.. and who the hell is talking about race? And why are you suddenly branding me a racist and randomly insulting Kovalev? Got an agenda much?

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      Rofl. You're quoting a 3 day old post and taking it completely out of context. I said if it was a small amount he would be declared clean by VADA ruling of <1microgram.

Please re-read. Or rather, just don't quote old posts on page 15 that begin with 'We need more information' when there are 50 more pages of information.

.. and who the hell is talking about race? And why are you suddenly branding me a racist and randomly insulting Kovalev? Got an agenda much?
                      I read the entire thread. Your post was particularly disgraceful IMO so I responded to it.

I did in the post. I didn't brand you a racist. I wondered if this is the reason Kov didn't want to take VADA testing, because it might have caught him.

My agenda was responding to a post I found utterly disgraceful.

Comment

Working...
                      X