No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse's Trainer: If No Bad Eye, We Would KO Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    Bout the response I'd expect. I'd say you need a beer bro.
    It doesn't matter how valid your points are, they will only see what they want to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
      It doesn't matter how valid your points are, they will only see what they want to see.
      Don't mess with this Mannie Phresh... He's nervous...

I could not imagine how stupid people like him can be...
      He gave me a "red" for a post that he did not understand it was a "tongue in chick"... In fact, I was rooting for Matthysse on a thread here and the post for which this Mannie Phresh gave me the "red" reads like this:

"Alexander down in the fourth, and Lucas out-landed him 139-116...
      Judah floored in the tenth round, and Lucas out-landed him 165-150...
      Lucas "clearly lost" that fights.
      "

... And besides the "red", Mannie Phresh sent me the comment: "You're an idiot"... The guy is just out of the tune...
      Last edited by MDPopescu; 09-23-2013, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        Didn't I say that? Garcia won, he deserved to win.

But you're a boxing fan, you know when the referee doesn't do a good job. Weeks didn't, he let Matthysse away with stuff too as other posters have pointed out. Weeks was weak.

If there is a rematch and there probably won't be, it should go to a more stringent ref like Pabon or Bayless.

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        I don't know man.... aside from Mayweather. Most of the times when fighters talk this much they lose. I'm feeling like Garcia is going to beat Matthysse and it may not be that much of a tough fight either. People are strung out on Matthysse power but there are fighters who have felt his power and got up to go the distance. Garcia is younger, a littel bit bigger, has a tough beard and is a very good counter puncher. I see Garcia having problems with speedy, boxer type guys but he should be able to time Matthysse. All he has to do is keep a jab in Matthysse face and set him up for the left hook. Got a feeling Garcia will be using a lot of his right hand because Matthysse will be focusing on not getting caught with the left like Judah did. This fight is more anticipated for me than the Mayweather fight for sure.

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        This would be sound analysis if Matthysse was coming in there to box like he did a couple of years ago, but lately he's been coming in there to take his opponent's head off.
        Looks like it was Sound. Just came across our post and reply before the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
          Matthysse had his chance to complain after the fight, he didn't.

Garcia won a close fight, he deserved to win imo. However, the refereeing was weak(s)
          I agree -- the ref was leaning towards the U.S. of A. fighter (namely Danny)...
          I can understand this since there exist quite a few top U.S. fighters to date (Danny Garcia, Broner, Bradley, FMJr, Andre Ward, and ???)...
          Last edited by MDPopescu; 09-23-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• I hope Danny gets the Mayweather fight as he's suggested he'll move up to 147. IMO that's a very marketable fight. I think Floyd is aware of that also. I feel he's gonna prefer that fight for a number of reasons: 1. Danny has a big/ growing following among Americans AND Puerto Ricans, so the fight is "hot" right now (Danny just overcame a real threat in Mathysse). 2. I'm convinced that Floyd sees some things in Danny's style that he feels he could take advantage of. 3. If Danny does move up to 147, Floyd, who basically walks around at that weight, knows he should take the fight right now before Danny becmes a full fledged Welterweight... just some points off the top of my head.

I hope Floyd doesn't lean toward a possible Amir Khan/ UK fight in the near future... Danny earned his shot the hard way beating some tough opposition, Khan being one of them.

All that being said, I hope Lucas bounces back, he had some really bad luck with that swollen eye. There's a real chance that the fight could have gone another way. The scores were still really close and even with a bad eye he knocked out Dannys mouthpiece... I hope he gets the title at 140 and that there's maybe gonna be a rematch with Danny some day cause it was an awesome fight...

Just some thoughts... Peace out

Comment

• excuses are for losers....the ref, the eye, the low blows....what's next?!?...smh

only delusional clowns like this clown ass trainer thinks Lucas can **** with Swift....please make a rematch so Swift can put that mother****er to sleep because reality hasn't kicked in yet for delusional clowns....Swift's chin is stronger than Lucas's punch plus Swift is the better boxer and like I said before the fight....Lucas's ring IQ was going on trial....the verdict was guilty....guilty of not having a deep enough game to drown a boxer puncher like King Swift....miss me with those bs excuses......tell Lucas to step up his game and stop trying to downplay Swift's

Comment

• Maybe lost in translation.

We need rematch down the road, these two warriors deserve a less pressured fights.

A punch caused the injury, but lucas will be much more aware next time, he knew danny was good, but not a tough mofo too

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  I agree -- the ref was leaning towards the U.S. of A. fighter (namely Danny)...
                  I can understand this since there exist quite a few top U.S. fighters to date (Danny Garcia, Broner, Bradley, FMJr, Andre Ward, and ???)...
                  Where was this worry about the Referee before the fight happened? No one was complaining about weeks being crooked or not able to perform his Job properly. I'm sure I can find Posts from Lucas Matthysse fans that approved of Tony Weeks being the Referee.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Trowbridge has already filled his scorecard out: 118-100 Garcia. Thankfully he won't get a chance to use it.
                  Originally posted by New England View Post
                  taking the over.

just kidding

taking matthysse to stop him. will place my bet in vegas.
                  Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  The judges won't be needed. All Weeks has to do is stay out of Lucas' way.
                  Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  Steve Smoger should ref this to help Danny after the fight, he can peel him off the canvas and give him a nice smooch on the cheek to make him feel better.
                  Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                  Judges won't matter in this WAR

The ref is good

Lucas to put it on Danny, both are top gun fighters. like em both
                  Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                  I was hoping for Smoger. Weeks will stop the massacre before Garcia's dead.
                  Originally posted by miniq View Post
                  Really any Smoger, Bayless or weeks is good....

Them two judges from nevada though... Lucas will finish it before 12 anyway...
                  Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                  judges aren't gonna matter here
                  Weeks is a great choice for the ref though, he lets it go
                  wanna see Garcia get punished thoroughly before he's KO'd
                  Weeks appreciates drama and won't stop it until he has to
                  Originally posted by H.B.Viper View Post
                  This fight will not need a to go to the score cards. "The Machine" will stop "Swift" within 5 rds, or less.

Too much power for Danny to overcome!
                  Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                  Oh, he can get countered... He just can't get hurt

Especially not by the GARSH
                  Originally posted by BabyFaceAssasin View Post
                  Certain fights you know will not need a judge...this is one of those fights.
                  Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                  Danny wont land much on Lucas and what he lands Lucas can still handle.
                  Danny ALWAYS takes a beating to land his own punches, that's how he's always cut all over his face when he fights. That just wont work well with Lucas. For every punch Danny lands he will be eating 4 or 5 power punches from the Machine. Danny gets KO before round 6.
                  Found them!

Comment

• It's funny that the Matthyysse die hards have be so vocal about excuse making and now they all have every excuse in the book

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      Where was this worry about the Referee before the fight happened? No one was complaining about weeks being crooked or not able to perform his Job properly. I'm sure I can find Posts from Lucas Matthysse fans that approved of Tony Weeks being the Referee.
                      Found them!
                      Where was the worry before the fight?
                      The "worry" was always there with Lucas as he had to actually KO all his opponents in order to get the win...
                      Matthysse met three U.S. fighters: Judah, Alexander and Garcia. Lucas didn't KO them and he lost on points... That was the "worry"...

Comment

Working...
                      X