Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Broner show a lot of heart vs Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Broner show a lot of heart vs Maidana?

On another forum I was reading today a lot of people kept mentioning the heart Broner showed in the Maidana fight. My question is why do people keep saying this?

I mean he took some good punches that I'm sure it didn't feel good to take for 12 rounds but it's his job. This wasn't an especially brutal beating. The fight wasn't necessarily that close but it wasn't a one sided beatdown, Broner had some good rounds too, it was just another fight. Also he tried to quit in round 8. Call it what you will but to me that was a blatant attempt to get out of he fight by trying to get Maidana DQ'd.

Taking that into account the best I can say is that he did was he was suppose to do, what he was paid (very well) to do. He fought for 12 rounds

Yeah in the ring he did but he took the loss bad he chickened out and left the ring instead of being a man and facing the public there and then...
    You could say he has some heart in the ring to stand there and punch but he doesn't have anywhere near the same balls as Amir Khan, Khan gets beat hard by Danny he doesn't go running out of the ring like a lil ***** with his tail inbetween his legs.

Comment

no he didn't. there was an article i read sometime after the fight that said broner wanted to quit, but his trainer convinced him to keep fighting.

broner has no heart, dignity and honor. he is a coward and should consider retiring forever.

Comment

He looked like he wanted out of the fight at first. I give him his props for sucking it up and fighting it out for the remainder of the fight. I believe that had the fight gone for one more round (or two) he might have pulled out a win.

I did enjoy seeing Maidana whip his ass, though.

Comment

Nah, he didnt want to be there at all. Ive never seen a fighter complain to a ref as much as I did in that fight, and I never saw a "fighter" literally ROLL AROUND ON THE FLOOR in an attempt to get his opponent DQ'd. You cant live down that last part.

To top it off, he runs out the ring while getting trash thrown at him at the end of the fight instead of facing the people. No heart, no honour, no manliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
            Nah, he didnt want to be there at all. Ive never seen a fighter complain to a ref as much as I did in that fight, and I never saw a "fighter" literally ROLL AROUND ON THE FLOOR in an attempt to get his opponent DQ'd. You cant live down that last part.

To top it off, he runs out the ring while getting trash thrown at him at the end of the fight instead of facing the people. No heart, no honour, no manliness.
            Thing is you can't say with certainty that he was trying to win by DQ. Remember he was knocked down and hurt prior to that, he could have very easily just been trying to buy some time to recover.

One intentional headbutt isn't enough for a DQ anyway, at most it can be a 2 point deduction.

Comment

Nope. Round 8 he was looking for a way out.

Maidana is a real thug.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
                On another forum I was reading today a lot of people kept mentioning the heart Broner showed in the Maidana fight. My question is why do people keep saying this?

I mean he took some good punches that I'm sure it didn't feel good to take for 12 rounds but it's his job. This wasn't an especially brutal beating. The fight wasn't necessarily that close but it wasn't a one sided beatdown, Broner had some good rounds too, it was just another fight. Also he tried to quit in round 8. Call it what you will but to me that was a blatant attempt to get out of he fight by trying to get Maidana DQ'd.

Taking that into account the best I can say is that he did was he was suppose to do, what he was paid (very well) to do. He fought for 12 rounds
                because he did.

broner showed massive heart against maidana. he was badly hurt on several occasions and took a severe beating over the course of 12 rounds.

the "its his job" excuse doesnt fly, in case you havent figured it out yet its all these guys job to fight. so what? if that means you cant show heart then nobody ever showed heart, its all their jobs to fight not just broners.

bottom line is if he shows heart he shows heart, whether he is getting paid or not to be in there doesnt change that in any way. money doesnt buy heart, its either there or it isnt regardless of his pay check.

he didnt try to quit, nobody tries to quit. either you quit or you dont, its not something you can fail at. if he wanted to quit he could have done it at any time but he didnt, so dont bring these lies around here trying to diminish the man.

he was trying to pull a fast one for sure and get either a DQ or a point deduction, anything that would help him keep his title and his undefeated record. but thats not quitting, its pulling a fast one. quitting is quitting and he never quit, when the ref didnt buy his overselling of maidanas elbow smash he kept fighting.

broner did show massive heart against maidana, money doesnt buy heart so his paycheck doesnt change that. him trying to pull a fast one doesnt change that either, nothing good to say about that little theater act he put on but that doesnt mean you can pretend he was "trying to quit" lol (cracks me up every time).
                Last edited by #1Assassin; 07-26-2014, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Thing is you can't say with certainty that he was trying to win by DQ. Remember he was knocked down and hurt prior to that, he could have very easily just been trying to buy some time to recover.

One intentional headbutt isn't enough for a DQ anyway, at most it can be a 2 point deduction.
                  Thing is, this isnt soccer. In a warrior's sport like our boxing, it is unacceptable for our fighters to go rolling around on the floor to buy time, or get a DQ or for any reason. Imagine real men like Ali, Vitali, Macho Camacho, or Cotto rolling on the floor back and forth, back and forth, using their body as a mop. It's extremely emasculating, this is supposed to be tough sport and I hope these pansy's (mayweather with all his health talk; broner with all his body-mopping) wont feminise it too much.

Comment

This was the first time he had real pressure applied and got hurt. He went down but he got up and had a few decisions to make.
                    He stuttered a bit but he showed a lot of heart at the end. He was in tougher than he thought but he did well to fight on. There's no book to read to explain how your going to act when someone is handing you your azz so he did well to survive and fought on.
                    One of his better fights actually, he learned a lot about fighting and himself.
                    Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X