Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus Soto Karass appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soto Karass deserves a world title shot.

I'd like to see him fight anyone with a title at 147: Adrien Broner, Devon Alexander, or Timothy Bradley.

Comment

Karass did his thing last night he's fought bigger guys before and despite some beatings he's manage to come forward. I was confident before the fight that he could make Berto crack. Great jab work to set up that over right hand it was landing at will and frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
        Soto Karass deserves a world title shot.

I'd like to see him fight anyone with a title at 147: Adrien Broner, Devon Alexander, or Timothy Bradley.
        I think he'd beat Broner. At least the Broner we saw against Malignaggi.

Comment

I thought Berto would pull a come back. But it's nice to see Karass family smile with joy and happiness. Berto has been spoiled and pampered for years undeservedly. So it's a deserving win for Karass.

Comment

I feel dumb for not betting on that fight.

Comment

It was very touching to see him and his family celebrate. It's been a tough career and he deserves his moment to shine.

Saying that, it was difficult to see Berto crying on Hunter's shoulder. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of his. But that was a devastating defeat, a career defining one. He probably knows now that he's not going to have the career he thought and he's on the decline.

Boxing is such a cruel, emotional sport. It even makes you feel sorry for guys you spent years waiting to be exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I think he'd beat Broner. At least the Broner we saw against Malignaggi.
                Broner vs. Soto Karass would be an interesting matchup.

Soto Karass is rather like a bigger version of Ponce de Leon, who was robbed against Broner.

Comment

Karass deserves the winner of Broner vs Maidana, he will probably get Thurman next though.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanARG20 View Post
                    He should fight Josecito Lopez....both lost against Maidana, and they are both come forward type of fighters... it would be a war since Rd 1
                    People underrate Maidana.. but the Lopez and Karass wins are no joke...

I knew from how he accounted for himself against Chino that Karass was a future contender. Lopez vs Karass would be a fine fight. But I favor Lopez and Karass against many welterweights. I really don't rate Broner at all I think the both of them beat him. They also beat Magic Man. Karass could probably beat Ghost. Lopez could probably beat Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                      It was very touching to see him and his family celebrate. It's been a tough career and he deserves his moment to shine.

Saying that, it was difficult to see Berto crying on Hunter's shoulder. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of his. But that was a devastating defeat, a career defining one. He probably knows now that he's not going to have the career he thought and he's on the decline.

Boxing is such a cruel, emotional sport. It even makes you feel sorry for guys you spent years waiting to be exposed.
                      I don't feel sorry for Berto. He was a HBO house fighter when Kery Davis (a personal friend of Al Haymon) was there. Berto made MUCH more money during that time than many more deserving boxers will see in their entire careers.

Comment

Working...
                      X