No announcement yet.

Floyd cherry picks video proof

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd cherry picks video proof

Go to 12:00 and you will see how he came to choosing Guerrero and how he used the Cotto, Marquez and Casamayor fights to convince himself that he couldn't lose to him.

Now, I think Floyd is a great fighter, the best in the game today and one of the best of all time, but I do think his biggest concern in boxing is not losing his 0.

For me, a great fighter is defined not only by his record, but by who he has fought. The greats pushed themselves, like Ali, Leonard, Chavez and Duran. They faced very tough competition and overcame it.

Floyd was asked about how he would do vs the greats and he kind of avoided the question saying he's in this era, not the one's of the past. I understand what he is saying but at the same time I think he's also avoided to fight certain guys at their peak.

I'm not saying he would have lost but how much better of a fight it would have been let's say Mayweather vs Margarito at 147 prime instead of Baldomir. Or Oscar and Mosley at an earlier time?

Of course the fight we all wanted, the Pac fight when Pac was destroying fighters.

I have all the respect in the world for Floyd but this to me proves that he thinks about the risk and doesn't embrace it. He should see a mountain and want to climb it, not how to get around it in the easiest way.

Just my two cents.

Why would I need this video to prove to me something that is common knowledge. Of course he cherry picks, unfortunately it's what seems to be popular nowadays as Mike Tyson so eloquently put it

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Go to 12:00 and you will see how he came to choosing Guerrero and how he used the Cotto, Marquez and Casamayor fights to convince himself that he couldn't lose to him.

Now, I think Floyd is a great fighter, the best in the game today and one of the best of all time, but I do think his biggest concern in boxing is not losing his 0.

For me, a great fighter is defined not only by his record, but by who he has fought. The greats pushed themselves, like Ali, Leonard, Chavez and Duran. They faced very tough competition and overcame it.

Floyd was asked about how he would do vs the greats and he kind of avoided the question saying he's in this era, not the one's of the past. I understand what he is saying but at the same time I think he's also avoided to fight certain guys at their peak.

I'm not saying he would have lost but how much better of a fight it would have been let's say Mayweather vs Margarito at 147 prime instead of Baldomir. Or Oscar and Mosley at an earlier time?

Of course the fight we all wanted, the Pac fight when Pac was destroying fighters.

I have all the respect in the world for Floyd but this to me proves that he thinks about the risk and doesn't embrace it. He should see a mountain and want to climb it, not how to get around it in the easiest way.

Just my two cents.
      Isn't kinda hard to judge someones whole career based on a statement made for choosing the opponent for this particular fight? That would be like judging ali's career on spinks and not the oher fights.

Comment

when all is said and done Floyd will be top 25 ATG. he beat Shane after he KO'd Margarita so it wasn't like he took that fight when Shane was looking like nothing. after that fight is when Shane starting looking his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Cotto after he beat Mosley, Williams after he beat Margarito, just to add a few.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
            when all is said and done Floyd will be top 25 ATG. he beat Shane after he KO'd Margarita so it wasn't like he took that fight when Shane was looking like nothing. after that fight is when Shane starting looking his age.
            Shane was inactive for 14 months and went through two prior training camps, and he was like 37. Shane was done, over, finito.

25 is hard when he has a handful of great fighters on his resume, mostly all past prime and nearly washed up. He has castillo and chico, but those two don't make someone atg.

If only his Ww career didn't b bring down the rest of his career...imo

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post

He beat a 39 year old Mosley that was coming off a 16 month lay-off!

GTFOH with that BULL****

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                Cotto after he beat Mosley, Williams after he beat Margarito, just to add a few.
                He was hiding like Joe Calzaghe back then.
                Floyd's biggest inspiration the king of cherry pickers.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Shane was inactive for 14 months and went through two prior training camps, and he was like 37. Shane was done, over, finito.

25 is hard when he has a handful of great fighters on his resume, mostly all past prime and nearly washed up. He has castillo and chico, but those two don't make someone atg.

If only his Ww career didn't b bring down the rest of his career...imo

It was 16 months and Shane was 39, and yes he was severely over trained due to having back to back training camps when Berto pulled out.

Comment

Since when is a win over Margarito the be all end all? The last two boxers to beat Margarito everybody called them shot in their next fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X