Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Dos Santos vs Mir & Undercard Fight Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDS is the man. Even thought Frank is an *******, I can't stand when the crowd boos a dude who tried his best and got KTFO.

Comment

Stipe Miocic vs JDS

Same height, same weight both come from boxing backgrounds.

Would be interesting given Stipe is also a division 1 wrestler.

Comment

JDS was ****ing with Frank the whole fight. Was hilarious to watch. Great card tonight. If I paid the $55 I wouldn't of been disappointed for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          I think Overeem brutally knocks out Mr safety first nothing but basic boxing Santos
          Overeem is slower but he's clever and game-plans well. I think he could take it as long as he doesn't just try to box with him.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I think Overeem brutally knocks out Mr safety first nothing but basic boxing Santos
            This is some nonsense. JDS was fighting one of the most dangerous submission artists in the sport. The more aggressive you are the more susceptible you are to get taken down due to momentum, trips, slips etc. He would fight completely diffirent against Overeem. What it would come down to in that fight would be the Thai clinch. Junior would have the advantage outside except Overeem would have success with his low kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              They were trying way to hard to drive that 'Mir broke Dos Santo's mentors arm' theme. No one really cared about that
              they try too hard with anything. I'm all for selling a fight, but these dudes be sounding desperate sometimes.

every other UFC headliner is "the biggest (insert division here) title bout in UFC history", every other dude is the "greatest (insert physical talent) fighter in UFC history", s**t is corny. U got Joe rogan talking about how Dos Santos' hands are the fastest in the Heavyweight division, Dos Santos is slow as f*k, he just heavy handed.

Gotta do what u gotta do though

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                they try too hard with anything. I'm all for selling a fight, but these dudes be sounding desperate sometimes.

every other UFC headliner is "the biggest (insert division here) title bout in UFC history", every other dude is the "greatest (insert physical talent) fighter in UFC history", s**t is corny. U got Joe rogan talking about how Dos Santos' hands are the fastest in the Heavyweight division, Dos Santos is slow as f*k, he just heavy handed.

Gotta do what u gotta do though
                then dont watch you sound like a butthurt boxing fan trying to **** on mma/ufc

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
                  then dont watch you sound like a butthurt boxing fan trying to **** on mma/ufc
                  Fam, I train MMA fighters.

Comment

If JDS gets past Cain rematch, and beats the Reem no doubt in my mind he's a top 3 ATG HW.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                      This is some nonsense. JDS was fighting one of the most dangerous submission artists in the sport. The more aggressive you are the more susceptible you are to get taken down due to momentum, trips, slips etc. He would fight completely diffirent against Overeem. What it would come down to in that fight would be the Thai clinch. Junior would have the advantage outside except Overeem would have success with his low kicks.

Just saying my opinion. In the 8-9-10 fights I've seen him its the same thing.
                      I don't particularly think he is that fast at all, he seems very limited and cautious throwing nothing but a jab & right cross and occasionally a horrific uppercut.
                      His takedown defense seems good from what I have seen but its not like many have even attempted to take him down.

He is still very untested through no fault of his own (though he is clearly very basic) & tonights fight proved squat.

A guy like Overeem has too much everything for him & destroys him within a single round. When they meet, if you want to bet let me know I'll take Overeem in 1 round via however the hell he likes.

Comment

Working...
                      X