Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should David Haye be voted into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I think that's just not the way it should be looked at.

If that's the case then the HOF is just going to become a complete joke.

If that's the standard we're going to go by then the candidates are going to get weaker and weaker and weaker and then someone will say "Well, this guy is in, so Derek Chisora should be in based on that low standard."
    Well there are limits, it's not that bad yet. There's a pretty big drop off between the Hayes and the Chisoras.

I'm just saying that based on who they let in, Haye deserves to be inducted. But if it was up to me he wouldn't get in, and I would remove other undeserving fighters.

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    someone like gatti has still done BOAT loads more then haye..........

what are you talking about?
    I wasn't specifically talking about Gatti but no, he hasn't accomplished more than Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      lol, no it isn't, this is Haye we're talking about. He hasn't retired anyway, he just said the doctor advised him to retire to protect his image after pulling out of a fight for the third time in a row.

I don't like the man but he should be judged on his achievements and by that I mean who he beat.

Haye beat world champions in Mormeck, Macaranelli, Valuev, a couple of fringe contenders in Chisora and Barrett and a past prime former champion Ruiz.

It's pretty lightweight stuff for HOF admission, he needs 4-5 more significant wins imo.

Does anyone take it seriously anyway? it's so flawed it's untrue.
      Absolutely.

It's definitely getting worse and has it's share of flaws. As well as ridiculous inductee's and absences of obvious candidates but people definitely take it seriously.

Comment

I'd like the answer to be "YES" so Wlad would have a win over a HOFer.

But the honest truth is Haye has not done enough to get in.

Comment

I think at some point he will be in the HOF, history will remember him as a bit of a let down at heavyweight though where he lost his biggest fight and has repeatedly made himself look stupid (broken toes/'retirements' etc) in the mean time after all his hype

Comment

Missed it by a toe.

Comment

Yes of course

Said nobody, ever

Comment

If my boy Prince Naseem is not in then Haye certainly doesn't deserve to be in.

Comment

By all means put him in the Hall...............way! Close the door then lock it!
                  Please retire and go away, the guy was a "user", a phoney guy with some athletisizm parading as a fighter!! C- fighter, C+ actor! Ray

No Way!

Comment

HOF must not have standards

Comment

Haye is a waste of Talent and a liar. He wasn't true to himself so he didn't succeed due to his arrogance.

Comment

Working...
                      X